Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

im over work!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default im over work!!!!!

im going to be a drifter or something. i hate JOBS it is time for a career.

alot of you guys are in the the service right?
how is it in the air force? either mechanic or pilot. or sugjest others

Old 09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I was in the Air Force,, my first day of boot camp was sep.4 2001..... I was an f-16 mchanic.. I loved it and hated it all at once... loved the plane and working on them.. but really hated the military life. but to each its own... Its a good move if your confused about what you want to do in life. Cuase all it does is help with careers and schooling.. But Air Force all the way

Old 09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

im with you man air force is the way to go. go fast or stand still hummmm hard choice lol.
what did you hate about it? i dont think i would like the military lifestyle either but kind of thinking that it is a small price for a good life starter

Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah you take the bad with the good.. The only thing I hated about it was... Well starting out you deff. have no life while in training and tech school.. after that you have somewhat of a life.. Work Scheduals change drastically... drills all the time, inspection after inspection but most of it is when yoru in training... After all that its just I missed my family and friends so much and thats not even the worse.. I feel for all the folks over seas and thank them so much.. Like Rocket is over there and I just wish they let him come home already... War- this is the thing that would stop me from goin now. I mean most of our troops dont even know why we are their,, Yeah terrorism is whats told but is it.... I was in boot camp when 9/11 happend. and it was scary. But I joined for the country and didnt let it bother me.. I ended up being stationed at Hill AFB in salt lake city,, Yeah kinda had the time of my life, until I got hurt on the flight line witch is why Didnt get to serve my full 4 years but enough of that.. Regardless if you go it will do nothing but Help you out and prepare you for the future...

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

McDonalds FTL! lol, i definatly need a job in general.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ill trade you man if i get to keep 75% of what you make here lol. which still isnt bad like ypuou would get bout a 1k a month for a small town lol

Old 09-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey J-Rock, that explains a lot, are you the guy that got sucked into the jet engine? LOL

Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Seriously, I always tell young guys to put applications in at hospitals in maintenance. Not to be confused with housekeeping, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm talking about building maintenance. I worked for the local hospital 4 years before landing this job 14 years ago. Or get into an apprenticeship program for electrical.

But at the very least talk to some of the auto parts stores, I always wanted to work at a parts counter. Just some thoughts. Get some experience, that's what I did, you can trade experience for almost any amount of formal education. It worked for me and it can work for you too. I sound like an infomercial.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Well can't say much for the Air Force since I was in the Army for 4 years. I was permanent party when 9/11 happened stationed at Ft Huachuca. Didn't go overseas since my unit was non-deployable cause we took care of the Military Intelligence school. (yes I was MI in the army with TS clearance and such :P)

But I have to say that if you get stationed state side then military life is not really that much different then civilian life. Most units state side usually operate on a regular schedule with pt either in the morning or some did it in the afternoon. Then a normal work schedule and once in awhile you might have to pull an extra duty here or there. But most of the time it was basically up at 0530 - pt, work by 0800, home by 1630 for us. And most of the other state side stations operated much the same.

Also if you're single you have it made. You don't pay rent, you get 3 free meals a day, you know exactly what you're wearing for work everyday and get a clothing allowance to pay for it, everything thing on posts have to be the lowest cost available in the area by federal law, you have a free gym, small shopping center, gas station, grocery store, most sell alcohol on post.............. the list goes on for single soldiers........ IF you get stationed state side that is. Overseas it's a whole different ballgame. But all in all if you're not in the line of fire then you can't go wrong with joining the military.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

hey deej ive done experience. lol
im 23 now and i have been in
sales
retail
managment
business sales
traveling
engineer (airport/civil)
surveyer
motorcycle mechanic
snow sled mechanic
automobile mechainc

and the list goes on

and i totally agree with you about the experience. the only thing i have done that i loved doing though was mechanicing or maybe the engineering i need a change of pace or maybe just a change of city

sombo:
yeah i dont know about military right now just because i dont agree with anything that we are doing over there. dont get me wrong i love my country and would fight for it day and night,
however we started something that we cant seem to finnish and we have good people over there risking life for something maybe 10% know why. that is just not right

Quick Reply: im over work!!!!!