Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I know that some of you are into old cars..i hope..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I know that some of you are into old cars..i hope..

Cool man....

I just did not realize that some of the older cars came factory with torsions. I didn't think torsions came in until 1983 on the s10.....

I learned something new today..... Right on!

You couldn't ask for a better car...

I am not familiar with the woodward dream cruise..... Ya, I don't get out much. lol

Old 09-24-2006, 05:45 AM
1st Gear Member

You gonna let amanda drive this one patrick lol when its done... I know she drove the miranda like once or twice...

Old 09-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

she hasnt driven the mirada on the street, but i let her try it out on the return road at my home track...

she actually paid for this car..its our wedding present to each other...

Old 09-24-2006, 08:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Sweet ride Patrick - you are gonna have a blast putting it back together and powering it.

My pop had a 72 Dodge Coronet with torsion suspension. It certainly pillowed out the ride, but it made life quite interesting if it was ever thrown into a turn.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice ride!!!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

Sweet ride Patrick - you are gonna have a blast putting it back together and powering it.

My pop had a 72 Dodge Coronet with torsion suspension. It certainly pillowed out the ride, but it made life quite interesting if it was ever thrown into a turn.
wow. I never knew these things had torsion suspension. That's amazing. Was it only the early 70's dodges? Does anyone know?

Old 09-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

im not sure if the other early 70s cars had them...such as ford and GM...

im glad that you guys think it looks good..at another site, someone is going on and on about what a piece of junk it is...

Old 09-24-2006, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

He's just jealous... tell him to meet you on the drag strip next summer after you get it done and after you kick his *** he can tell you what a POS it is

Old 09-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

How sweet is that!!!! I love old cars, my wife on the other hand has no appreciation for anything old, (including me) I had a classic, not a car, but I still loved it, I should have never got rid of it, it was a 1967 Dodge W200 4X4 with a lot of rust, but what a great firewood hauler.[&:]

Here is a picture.
Name:  DSCN1868.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  94.2 KB

Old 09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow...thats a cool truck...it doesnt look to be in that bad of shape either

there is a guy in the chysler classics event series who races a short cab short bed truck, of a very similar year. i dont know the exact year on his, but it has the same front and and body shape. he has a mild 440 in it, and it run in the mid to high 13s...he has the mopar barbed wire theme on it...something like this but not quite as elaborate.

[IMG]local://upfiles/79/F67D039468D042CCA0467C1DD2FB53D5.jpg[/IMG]

anymore, its getting so hard to find a reasonably priced muscle era car, that guys who are really into a certain brand, liek dodge, but who cant afford to drop 80k on a vehicle, are forced to take odd vehicles and make them look and run well...for instance, i was at a mopar event last weekend, and there was a guy with a forrest green 75 dodge van, full sized. it had huge drag radials under it, and when i looked in the back, it had a bed in it..i figured that it was some sort of joke, until that old van ripped off a 12.20 @ 110mph!!! i talked to the guy...he wanted something to race, but he didnt want to deal with having to find somewhere to stay, something to tow the trailer and such, so he built a very reliable 360, built for nitrous, and with a 250 shot, hes almost in the 11s, and he sleeps in the back at weekend events!!

Quick Reply: I know that some of you are into old cars..i hope..