Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I hate being indecisive... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-hate-being-indecisive-4380/)

Gerg 06-02-2006 09:39 PM

RE: I hate being indecisive...

ORIGINAL: txredneckmedic
NS....i love how people complain about the seat on long rides. When i ride my 636 long rides....all my weight is on my legs. My ass barely touches the seat usually
Yeah, I think that's why I like the twisties so much more than the highway straights.... On the highway I just sit, on the twisties, I'm pretty much standing/shifting/leaning all the time so I'm a lot less tired and a lot more refreshed. I think I'd have trouble doing 400 miles of flat highway, but it's easy (and more fun) if it's twisty, even though it takes longer.

littledevil 06-02-2006 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: littledevil

it's a sign. lol No but for real. Just a first time bike go with the comfortable bike. I'm telling you. The sporty bikes take time getting used to. My palms, wrists, a$$, legs and shouldes were sore. Get something comfortable for awhile, then move up when you've got some miles on ya.
I agree with LD, except you should not be putting so much weight on your upper body, although it is hard to get used to this, you should be griping and holding on with your legs on a sport bike. The less weight and input that you apply to the bars the better for the bikes suspension, like under heavy braking you should be applying your weight to the seat, front of the tank and holding on with your leg. Little or no weight shoukd be transfer to the bars which in turn gets transferred to the front suspension and makes it harder top control the bike. Get off those bars LD.

If you get the 250 it is a rather inexpensive bike and you will get the needed riding experience from it. After a year or so you can resell it, or keep it, and go get that 636 and a whole new world will open up.
If you chose to get the 636 now you just need to use self control like TX said and move up in speed and harder riding as your skills progress, jumping to far ahead to quickly can result in some severe consequences that may prevent you from ever riding or even living again. I or no one wants to here something like that.
Ride safe and have fun.

yes father...lol j/k.. your right I should be putting the wieght in the center of the bike. But then again it feels like its been forever since I've riden a bike...

Notstock 06-02-2006 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

it's a sign. lol No but for real. Just a first time bike go with the comfortable bike. I'm telling you. The sporty bikes take time getting used to. My palms, wrists, a$$, legs and shouldes were sore. Get something comfortable for awhile, then move up when you've got some miles on ya.
I agree with LD, except you should not be putting so much weight on your upper body, although it is hard to get used to this, you should be griping and holding on with your legs on a sport bike. The less weight and input that you apply to the bars the better for the bikes suspension, like under heavy braking you should be applying your weight to the seat, front of the tank and holding on with your leg. Little or no weight shoukd be transfer to the bars which in turn gets transferred to the front suspension and makes it harder top control the bike. Get off those bars LD.

If you get the 250 it is a rather inexpensive bike and you will get the needed riding experience from it. After a year or so you can resell it, or keep it, and go get that 636 and a whole new world will open up.
If you chose to get the 636 now you just need to use self control like TX said and move up in speed and harder riding as your skills progress, jumping to far ahead to quickly can result in some severe consequences that may prevent you from ever riding or even living again. I or no one wants to here something like that.
Ride safe and have fun.

yes father...lol j/k.. your right I should be putting the wieght in the center of the bike. But then again it feels like its been forever since I've riden a bike...
I like it better when you say daddy :D
It wont be long and you will be back, have to take care of your injures right now, there will be plenty of riding to do later. You are right though the wait seems like forever.
Did they schedule the mri yet?

littledevil 06-02-2006 11:06 PM

OK, daddy... lol how about Poppi! lol

The MRI, no unfortantely nothing yet. And they also didn't tell me if my Physical THerapy session with a trainer has been approved for the knee injuries.

Stupid insurance.

Notstock 06-02-2006 11:21 PM

Stay on them everyday LD, out of sight, out of mind. I know it sux and it is a shame when we have to fight with the insurance companies but if you do not become a bother to them they will not help, or will drag there a$$es. Remember they are counting on you getting frustrated and giving up, so do not and bug the crap out of them.

Oh and I like daddy better :D

txredneckmedic 06-03-2006 12:06 AM

Hey LD...come down here and ill take ya for a ride...hehe

Wannabe250 06-03-2006 07:09 AM

Well I do think I have self control.. mainly because it's a different sensation of speed being out in the open like that. The first time I got to 40 in a car I was a little scared, now I'm not even really tense at 120. Riding at the MSF I got nervous going a measly 20 mph, so it's not like I'm going to buy a bike and rip it up the first day. My plan is to find a decent parking lot for a little, then move out to unpopulated side streets, then start on the main roads. No highway for a long, long time (not that I would need to).

My only problem, really, is emotion. I tend to anger easily and then take it out on the road.. but I suppose, really, that it's just as dangerous on a 250 than a 636.

Mainly my biggest determining factor is money. I only have about 3k saved right now, which will start going up pretty substantially next week. So probably looking to spend about 3.5k on a bike and about 600-800 on gear.

Merdox 06-03-2006 07:56 AM

Hey Wannabe250

It sounds like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders. If you don't have any riding experience then the 250 would probably be the perfect bike to learn on. And if you only have 3000 then you could get a nice 250 and still have plenty for the riding gear you will need. And like everyone else has said after a year or so once you have gotten some experience sell it and get that 600 sport bike you have been wanting.

As far as speed I know what you mean. The first time I did 70mph on my bike I thought it was pretty insane. Now I don't feel like I am going fast until I hit about 100mph. (that is probabably not a good thing) Anyways good luck and post pictures once you get a bike.

evil636 06-03-2006 08:34 AM

i still want a 250 :D

ZX12Rider 06-05-2006 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Wannabe250

Well I do think I have self control.. mainly because it's a different sensation of speed being out in the open like that. The first time I got to 40 in a car I was a little scared, now I'm not even really tense at 120. Riding at the MSF I got nervous going a measly 20 mph, so it's not like I'm going to buy a bike and rip it up the first day. My plan is to find a decent parking lot for a little, then move out to unpopulated side streets, then start on the main roads. No highway for a long, long time (not that I would need to).

My only problem, really, is emotion. I tend to anger easily and then take it out on the road.. but I suppose, really, that it's just as dangerous on a 250 than a 636.

Mainly my biggest determining factor is money. I only have about 3k saved right now, which will start going up pretty substantially next week. So probably looking to spend about 3.5k on a bike and about 600-800 on gear.
Whatever you do - don't let your emotions get outta control when your riding any bike - not a good thing. If I'm in a real bad, crappy po'd mood - I leave the bike at home.

Now get out there and get a bike, any bike!!