Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I found the perfect place for a Geocache!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I found the perfect place for a Geocache!!

Oh Great a wood fired clean air steam generator ...... ROFLMAO.....Deej you say you care for the environment....do you know how many pounds of CO2 are emmited perMega Wattof energy produced by burning wood? It's at the bottom of the list......worst idea possible.

You almost sound like Obama promoting anti global warming policies by promoting Clean Coal Gassification for energy ...... second from the bottom on the listfor CO2(lbs)/Mega Watt.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

fight...fight...fight....fight...this is the best nerd fight ever

Old 12-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

So running biomass through a steam generation system where it is treatable is worse than burning slash right into the air? Now that's funny right there.

http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/r...mass_to_Energy

The use of biomass energy has the potential to greatly reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Burning biomass releases about the same amount of carbon dioxide as burning fossil fuels. However, fossil fuels release carbon dioxide captured by photosynthesis millions of years ago—an essentially "new" greenhouse gas. Biomass, on the other hand, releases carbon dioxide that is largely balanced by the carbon dioxide captured in its own growth (depending how much energy was used to grow, harvest, and process the fuel).

Old 12-10-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

I'm not a tree hugger by a long shot....and I'm a fairly good shot btw and I luv to hunt. So how did vine maples, deer, elk etc get along for the last million years without our help.

I know we need wood but justifying clear cutting a SMALLER area as a reason to justify the practice is self defeating because it implies admittance that the practice is not a good thing.

China actually is getting most now days......they are going to be a power to be reckoned with in a few years.....but that topic would be for a politics section, if we had one.
One of the researcher that works for the University of Washington went to china recently, and he said that they are still burning smudge pots on every street corner in major cities. And we are the ones that are backwards?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Deej, I'm dropping this because arguing with someone that does not understand or see the big picture is pointless. Kinda sad actually. Take a couple classes at that Univ ya work at.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:37 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, how did the seahawks do deej?

Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow this is a fun thread. Did you see the modern marvels where they were pumping the CO2 from coal plants into algae farms to eliminate the emissions and produce the algae for other purposes? or the other plant in North Dakota that is pumping its CO2 hundreds of miles into Sasketchwan to be pumped into the ground to increase productionin their oil fields? Pretty cool stuff, not nearly enough but its a step. What gets me is the starbucks drinking greenpeace lovingAl Gore praisinghippies who think that the worlds problems can be fixed by hydrogen and electric cars, and they have no idea how much more polution theirlocal coal plant would have to pump out to charge everyones cars and create hydrogen through electrolysis. Electric/Fuel cell vehicles are pretty far down the list of ways to save the environment, at least until we find a source of electric power cheaper than good old US coal.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

hahaha, how did the seahawks do deej?
They were on fire today, that's 5 wins in a row, and they are now in the playoffs, that's 4 years in a row in the playoffs. Final was 42 to 14 I think. What a great game, my wife is even into it now. They can lose the last three games and still be in. Its gonna be sweet!!

Old 12-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, ah hell, will be expecting another email from a bro in seatle. Another hawks fan.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

So, what's a decent handheld GPS that's not uber expensive? I was looking at this and it looks fun, but I have never really looked into handheld GPS and what kind of things to look for to know whether it's worth the money.

Quick Reply: I found the perfect place for a Geocache!!