Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I found the perfect place for a Geocache!! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-found-perfect-place-geocache-17730/)

deej 12-08-2007 10:51 PM

I found the perfect place for a Geocache!!

5 Attachment(s)
Well I got into Geo-caching a couple of months ago after I got my GPS. And I just couldn't wait to place my own out there. I took a ride today and placed it 3 miles off the main highway, check out the pics. I have never been to this place that is only 7 miles from town. Check out the Olympic Mountains in the back ground. Now I have to go register it and wait for the first person to find it. Yeeee Haaaa.........yea I know I don't get out much huh?:D

Attachment 28773

Attachment 28774

Attachment 28775

Attachment 28776

Hey I can almost see my house from here.:D
Attachment 28777

markmeinteil 12-08-2007 10:59 PM

RE: I found the perfect place for a Geocache!!

Good shots, Deej.;)

Dragone#19 12-09-2007 12:13 AM

agreed, nice scenery. I miss dodging the treeswith thehandle bar ends, the deep rutted clay soil, the roots, ruts and rocks on a hill climb, then doing a 180 turn around on the rear wheel back down this supposed climb after realizing that not having enough traction or power at 2/3rds of the climb would end in disaster. Nice pics deej.

zzrick 12-09-2007 12:46 AM

Very nice Deej, your backyard is a beautiful place.

Nobrakes 12-09-2007 01:04 AM

Beautiful! Except for the clear cutting.

Dragone#19 12-09-2007 01:07 AM

Makes good huntin Nobrakes. That 6 yr timber(?) next to the clear cut.

deej 12-09-2007 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

You're joking right? That sounds like an uneducated reply that most tourists make around here. Did you know that clear cutting opens up feed for deer, elk, birds and many others?Did you know that there are forest practice regulations that require that all areas be re-planted withing 2 years of logging? Did you also realize that no matter who you are be it timber companies, Forest Service, Department of Natural Resources, or Joe Blow that owns 100 acres, everyone has to follow all of these rules and regulations? Sorry I don't mean to be sharp about it, but trees are just like corn or any other crop, and because it takes 60-80 years to mature, unlike food crops, even more care is taken to make sure that the harvest level stays way below the growth and rotation level.

I know it looks bad sometimes, but trust me I have seen forests grow up right around me, and fill in just like some sort of tapestry that makes this place so beautiful. There is a balance here, trust me nobody cares about the planet more than me. The days of 200 acre clear cuts are gone, I can remember when I was a kid we drove 60 miles to the next town and I counted 100 log trucks that passed us, today you might see 5 in that same hour. And that's a good thing.;)

Oh and Brian.....I still love you man:D

Nobrakes 12-09-2007 03:54 AM

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

You're joking right? That sounds like an uneducated reply that most tourists make around here. Did you know that clear cutting opens up feed for deer, elk, birds and many others? Did you know that there are forest practice regulations that require that all areas be re-planted withing 2 years of logging? Did you also realize that no matter who you are be it timber companies, Forest Service, Department of Natural Resources, or Joe Blow that owns 100 acres, everyone has to follow all of these rules and regulations? Sorry I don't mean to be sharp about it, but trees are just like corn or any other crop, and because it takes 60-80 years to mature, unlike food crops, even more care is taken to make sure that the harvest level stays way below the growth and rotation level.

I know it looks bad sometimes, but trust me I have seen forests grow up right around me, and fill in just like some sort of tapestry that makes this place so beautiful. There is a balance here, trust me nobody cares about the planet more than me. The days of 200 acre clear cuts are gone, I can remember when I was a kid we drove 60 miles to the next town and I counted 100 log trucks that passed us, today you might see 5 in that same hour. And that's a good thing.;)

Oh and Brian.....I still love you man:D
My father was a logger for many years as well as my uncle until he was killed cutting timber so don't lecture me and compare me to some uneducated tourist, K? Could you be any more insulting? I better stop before I say something I'll regret.

deej 12-09-2007 04:10 AM

Hey Brian, by your comment I assumed that you knew nothing about what goes on in the industry, and for that I truly apologize. We do get a lot of people from the Seattle area that make negative remarks about the landscape, and I guess I just hit defense mode. Sorry about your Uncle, we have a loggers memorial here in town, it has hundreds of names on it, I pass by it everyday. I'll post a picture sometime, it is sobering to look at. Sorry buddy, I promise I didn't mean to insult you.[&:]

Man I hate when someone is mad at me, why does that bother me so much?[sm=smiley5.gif]

pipedown 12-09-2007 04:14 AM

whoah! thats really cool man! Looks like it was a great ride too. must have been chilly out there?