Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Hazardous road kill stories

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hazardous road kill stories

Merdox and srobak just have a very keen nose for b/s... I don't know why that pisses you off so much. And you still haven't answered the question I posed to you earlier. When you were RocketMan, you claimed to havea ZX10R, now you have a bottle-fed ZX14R? That was a really short time to change bikes and have all the work done to it. Do you even have a motorcycle? You post on here acting like a little kid, yet you claim to have been a rider for 30+ years. Nobody is fooled. Everybody was willing to overlook the b/s you pulled with your other accounts, now you are starting all over again with the same crap. Then when somebody calls you on it, you start attacking them. Get over it kid.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, there is no need as far as I can see for this kind of garbage. While Rocketman/Warlock14 has had issues with members on here, he has really tried to fit in and all this banning talk needs to stop. And as far as worthless posts, for every post of his that you consider worthless, I can guarantee I can find 50 on this site from other members that fit the same category, including me. Lets either ignore him, if you can, or at the very least try and be civil.

When I joined this site in October of 05, I was so excited to have found a place that I could ask questions and share ideas. And while I am still happy with that part of the forum, sometimes this place gets worse than listening to a bunch of 3rd graders that can't seem to have more than one friend and so attack anyone that is different. Remember in this world we live in there are as many individual personalities as there are fingerprints. For some, learning to respect others can be a challenge, but here on a forum we have the opportunity to 1 disagree with respect, 2 disagree and to add a measure of disrespect, and 3 to ignore and sift through what we are interested in and leave the other stuff for people that are not bothered by that style or personality.

Please read this as not the gospel, because I am only a guy that enjoys this site, and have invested a lot of time in helping everyone whenever I can. If we were all face to face and went for a ride, I bet all of the so called differences between everyone would all melt away.

Pasted from a sticky in the KLX 250 section.

If you have differences with someone I have a couple of suggestions. I'll list them in the order that would be the best to try.

1. Try and ignore or blow off a negative comment, I know this is not an easy thing to do because we all get a visit from the ugly "pride monster" from time to time. But the first thing we should ask ourselves....is it really worth an argument.

2. Sometimes we misinterpret things, or even have been guilty ourselves of saying things that we would otherwise never say to someone in person. I have been guilty of that in the past and am working on that one all the time.

3. Perhaps a PM to the poster with the goal of working out any differences, that way its a private thing, because sometimes posting arguments embarrasses people and a PM might help to bridge the gap of mutual respect.

If all of those fail, then there are still two more steps. Number 4 gives you some control over the situation. But remember doing so may cause you to miss out on some good information.

4. What are those tools located next to my post?
These convenient user tools are located next to your posts in the forum above the author name: View User’s Profile; E-mail User; Send Private Messages; Add Member to Contact List; Block this guy and hide his/her messages; Un-Block this guy.

Block/Hide from certain user's messages is a newly added feature to enhance your experience when using the forum. Click on the block icon under the user info field to block/hide all his/her messages, and place him/her automatically into your "block" list. To un-block this user and view his/her post, simply click on the unblock icon.

And lastly if all else fails

5. Send me a PM with some details and perhaps a link to what is being considered the problem, and I will get to it as soon as I can, but that doesn't mean it will end in the outcome you were looking for. But at least you know that it is being taken into consideration.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

well put DJ -

guys, who cares if it is BS? the sotry was entertaining - it didn't harm the innocense of any young children. it was a light hearted story (fact or fiction matters not)

I haven't seen worlock (rocketman) do anything wrong untill provoked by others which includes be threatened with being banned.

everyone needs to lighten up