Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

handguns

Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default handguns

Ok just got back a little while ago from the shooting range over here. I used my brother in-laws gun. But now I am going for my gun permit. I fell in love with two guns. A colt .45 ACP and a ruger P90D .45ACP.......... Both in the stainless steel look.... Anyone have either of these or recommend something else? The ruger is just over 400 bucks which is ideal for me and I have read some reviews that they are pretty good.

Also is a .45 stronger then a 9mm or they the same? I am new to guns other then I like to look at them lol.......

Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: handguns

It all depends what you are useing them for, if you are going to carry you should check out the Glock compact 40 cal. Nice punch and it fits in the back of your belt very well.
Glock 30 frame45 cal, it is very small and easy to canceal but wider and not as comfortable in your belt as the 40 cal. But is has that heavy punch that the 45 gives you, most will not be recovering if they get hit by a 45 at close range. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 02-20-2007, 03:05 AM

my brother just bought a kimber stainless steel its a pro carry IImodel with lazer. .45 i will get to play with it soon at the range hopefully.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Dont like glocks... Was never a fan of them... To light and feel to flimsy... I know they are like the most durable gun but dont like the feel at all.. This gun feels solid and looks great as well

Old 02-20-2007, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Did someone say guns, Thats right up my alley.. Here is a pic of a few handguns I have..

As for your question about 45acp campared to 9mm.. Either one will do their job if you do yours.. What I mean is, its all about where you put your shot that counts.. I have been carrying a Glock model 30 for about 4 1/2 years now and with the right holster you dont even know its there..

The best advice I can give you is pick one that you are comfortable with and that you can shoot proficently.. One more thing.. Make sure you buy alot of ammo Practice, learn your firearms saftey and treat every weapon as if it was a loaded weapon.. Safe shooting.. Chris

P.S.. If you have anyother questions that I might be able to answer feel free to ask.. proshooter.org This is a gun forum that I own and run..

Old 02-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Nitrospaz19

Dont like glocks... Was never a fan of them... To light and feel to flimsy... I know they are like the most durable gun but dont like the feel at all.. This gun feels solid and looks great as well
I think glocks are made like ak's, loose. Lots of room for dirt and crap to get inside and it will still work.

But it is all personal preference like you said nitroand if it docent feel good then its not the right one for you!

Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 AM

<------I don't think I have to say what my preference is.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 AM

would take a .40 or .45 over a 9mm any day, you might also wanna check out H&K they make good guns. i have an H&K and a Glock .40. carried the H&K as my main weapon in the military left the crappy BERETTA 9MM in the box

Old 02-20-2007, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Take a good look at the Springfield Armory's XD comes in .45 and with alot of extra goodies!

Old 02-20-2007, 06:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Ive only shot 2 hand guns. my buddys department issued glock 40 and a glock 9 The glock 40 had to much kick for my liking. i wasnt very accurate with it. the glock 9 I LIKE

Search this Thread