Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Gun rights being questioned

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Gun rights being questioned

It appears as though the Supreme Court is trying to decide whether it is Americans right to bear arms in the constitution. Since the majority of those who post here seem to be pro gun I thought I would post this here for everyone to read.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23688073?GT1=43001

Old 03-19-2008, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Gun rights being questioned

this is only for the DC area... in which possession is currently banned. It can't get any worse there than it is now.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

True but if the supreme court decides that the constitution was only refering to militias and not to the average citizen then that could impact eveyone negatively.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Have any of you seen this yet? [&:]

http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news38.htm

Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

that is pretty disturbing.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I could see this going seven different shades of wrong. I don't think it will make that big of a difference though. The US Military does operate inside the US borders. Every time there is a natural disaster, the Army National Guard gets mobilized. Now, they'll get mobilized every time there is a disasterous flood in Canada too. It's going to be expensive, and I don't know they are going to work out the logistics of it. It's going to be a real PITA for the National Guard soldiers, but I don't think it's going to be a stepping stone to martial law.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

True but if the supreme court decides that the constitution was only refering to militias and not to the average citizen then that could impact eveyone negatively.
Well if it comes down to that I guess that I am going to have to join a militia to keep my guns, because I am not giving them up to anyone. I wish the government would realize that nothing good will come about from taking guns away from it's citizens, and this country will erupt in a civil war if they do.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

yay the untied states of canamerica

Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I prefer the term "Americanadian" thank you!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

What else pisses me off about the whole gun debate is the idiots who will get on tv and march with there little signs saying "guns kill." Guns do NOT kill people! A gun is just an object that can do neither good or bad on its own accord. It is people who kill other people! This is whats wrong with America today is that people in general do not take any blame for there actions.

If a kid goes and shoots a bunch of his class mates it is the guns fault, or it is because of the video gameshe was playing, or it is the music he was listening to. This is all a huge pile of Bullsh*t! No one stands up and says the truth which is "no your kid is a Fing physco thats why he just killed 30 people and took his own life." And until people realize this and get off there *** and stop blaming everyone else for THEIR problems, Americans are just going to continue loosing there freedoms little by little until you will not be able to take a Sh*t and wipe without filling 30 different pages for the government to make sure it is ok.

[sm=rant.gif]

Quick Reply: Gun rights being questioned