Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Got in a wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got in a wreck

damn that sucks. Glad you were not hurt more. I hope they are able to do something about the person who drove not coming forwad.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn! Sorry to hear that. Hope your in good spirits and heal quickly. Right on sro, go for all you can MP. Take care bro and get some rest.

The secretary at work wrecked her boyfriends Buell last Sun. Caught some stone around a bend and had to be life flighted because of bruised ribs, partial collapsed lung, road rash etc. Her boyfriend was driving the car behind her and saw the whole thing.The bike went under a guide wire and she went over it.

It really bums me out to hear these stories.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Get well man, sorry about the off.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear that. get well soon.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear that. Im with Srobak on this one. hope your recovery gos well

ORIGINAL: srobak

ORIGINAL: Mott Power

but now there is an issue of who was driving.
Glad you are ok... sucks about the drive-off though. Asshats.

What state is this in? Most of them have a provision in the law that states if there is any dispute as to who had possesion of the vehicle at the time, then the liability falls on the registered owner, and then it is up to him to fight it out in court and is no longer your problem. Talk to the prosecuting attorney about this, and lean on him a bit to take this route if at all possible. That way it becomes a wash for you and your insurance company, and you shouldn't be bothered with that aspect of the whole situation.

Absolutely retain an attorney and go after the registered owner and/or insurance company for damages, time & suffering, etc.

Although pinned - the overall outcome is kinda minor... could have been a whole lot worse. Hang in there, and don't have any tolerance or settle for "good enough"... demand the highest quality from the cops, the prosecutor, and yours and their insurance companies.

Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I hate to hear about bad things happening to good people. Especially riders. I wish you the best on your recovery. Heal up soon and make that bastard cager pay dearly. I would be willing to grab a few High Explosive grenades and my grenade launcher out ofthe unitarmory and blow the dudes house upif that would make you feel better!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Dude I just read this, sorry man, that is scary. Hope you heal quick. You know I have been doing something lately and that's when I'm going to turn left off a road, I check the mirrors and then I do this complete swivel on the bike like a head check and then turn. I know it probably looks funny to cagers, but you know what I don't care. I choose life.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 AM
1st Gear Member

thats an absolute atrocity..[:@]
i hope you get to witness a slow and painful demise of the piece of shyt that got ya man.

sounds eerily similar to shawn's (zx14dreamz) story..

my prayers are with ya bro.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:05 AM

yeah man im sorry to hear it. i had a crackhead pull out in front of me in jan of 07, so i know how you feel. i am still doing surgeries. i think i only have one more. but man jus keep ur head up and worry about today. tomorrow will get here. jus keep it one day at a time. i wish you the best of luck man and i hope you heal up fast and get back to what you love doin. good luck and may god bless.

if you ever want to talk about some **** also hit me up. man ive been there.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the replies guys, it means a lot to have your support. update so far is I'm out of the hostipal but it's hard to get around, i'm debating whether i can make it to my classes which really worries me. as far as the police report goes, the owner of the car lent it to someone that night but can't find him right now. also, even though her (the owners) car is impounded and she has been interviewed by the police, she didn't even contact her insurance company yet about what happened, somethings really sketchy about these people.

anyways, i saw the bike yesterday, too, forks were bent, front wheel and brakes done for, radiator smashed into the headers. i couldn't see much else but the frame seemed ok, couldn't look at it too closely, still needs a lot of work. I'll keep ya updated as it progresses, thanks again for the support guys, i've never been in a situation like this before so i'm kinda lost as to wat i should be doing.

Quick Reply: Got in a wreck