Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Got in a wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Got in a wreck

About 9 pm on monday I was riding back from doing some school work and cruising down farily busy road, not much traffic. Started to go through an intersection which I had a green light for and someone going in the opposite direction decides to make a left turn and cuts in front of me. No time or room to brake or swurve so I went straight into his front bumper. My thigh collided with my left handle bar and sent me spinning in the air before falling on my shoulder onto the pavement. The driver drove off but someone followed him and got the tags, ended up finding the car later that night, but now there is an issue of who was driving.

Ended up breaking my femur which I now have a titanium rod in place, no cast. And cracked my clavical from hitting the ground.

Hoping to get something out of this, because I might not be able to go to China for my study abroad program now. Anyways, stay safe guys, I'll post some pics when I get them.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got in a wreck

man, that sucks, hope you heal up quick and continue on with your studies, or get super rich off the pos that hit you.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

that sucks to hear, glad your still here.... Props to the person who followed that ****..... Heal up soon.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:52 PM
1st Gear Member

That person needs to be beat, ran over and left for dead!

Old 04-11-2008, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear your doing good. Hope they get the person that took off and stick it to them. Nothing worse than somone that would leave another person on the ground hurt.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Well i am happy that you are good enough to post, sorry about that stuff. hope you heal up good and that you cash out!!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Heal up fast bro. Karma will get them. OH and share the wealth from the law suit LOL

Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

damm, glad your alive man. i hope that person driving gets what he deserves. keep us posted on whats going on man.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:58 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mott Power

but now there is an issue of who was driving.
Glad you are ok... sucks about the drive-off though. Asshats.

What state is this in? Most of them have a provision in the law that states if there is any dispute as to who had possesion of the vehicle at the time, then the liability falls on the registered owner, and then it is up to him to fight it out in court and is no longer your problem. Talk to the prosecuting attorney about this, and lean on him a bit to take this route if at all possible. That way it becomes a wash for you and your insurance company, and you shouldn't be bothered with that aspect of the whole situation.

Absolutely retain an attorney and go after the registered owner and/or insurance company for damages, time & suffering, etc.

Although pinned - the overall outcome is kinda minor... could have been a whole lot worse. Hang in there, and don't have any tolerance or settle for "good enough"... demand the highest quality from the cops, the prosecutor, and yours and their insurance companies.

Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Dang! These are the posts I hate to read.[] I hope the chithead who did this to you pays dearly for it.

Quick Reply: Got in a wreck