Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Got in an accident.....

Old 06-30-2008, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got in an accident.....

Glad you're ok. In my past life, I had to go to several accidents where that wasn't always the case. I agree about the harsh treatment for the "sorry I wasn't paying attention" type. Sorry just doesn't cut it!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Ouch, glad that you were not on the bike during that time.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah the old GMC held up well and I'm glad you weren't on your bike. Hope you have a low deductable! Glad you were not hurt dude!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Deductable doesn't matter. Other drivers' fault - their insurance company picks up the tab... all of it.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Just saw your thread, Eric - glad you're OK and glad you weren't on the bike. That's the kind of thing that makes me not want to give up my F-150 for a something that gets good gas milage.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea... i wondered what would have happened if i would have been on the bike... it has played over and over in my head..... pretty scary, although im usually good at split second reactions...my coworker got sideswiped on his honda shadow today... messed up his left hand pretty good, he colided with an oncoming car in the opposite direction..... scary stuff.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

yea... i wondered what would have happened if i would have been on the bike... it has played over and over in my head..... pretty scary, although im usually good at split second reactions...my coworker got sideswiped on his honda shadow today... messed up his left hand pretty good, he colided with an oncoming car in the opposite direction..... scary stuff.
It's the one you never see coming that gets you. Then reaction time doesn't matter because you never see it coming. I don't really think riding itself is dangerous. But what scares me are the other drivers, who are totally outside my control. I don't like putting my life in someone else's hands who cares so little about it that they can't be bothered put down the cell phone or cheeseburger long enough to spare a few brain cells for driving. [:@]

Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

+1

my thoughts exactly. someone comes in your lane or runs a red at 60, your reaction time dosent really come into play.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

very true, but in this case i saw the whole thing happening, i could have had enough time to probably get out of the way.... but if i was were the minivan was... bad news there..... putting your life in others hands is never good....

Old 07-02-2008, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

i dont wanna know what'd of happend to a bike in the minivans position. if you were to trade the truck for the bike in that same scenario... i do think an experienced rider would of been able to move to a safe area, e****ally on a klx... jump the curb and watch the crash from someones front lawn.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got in an accident.....