Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Got in an accident.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Got in an accident.....

[hr] Well on my way home from work, i stopped at ingomar heights and rochester rd intersection, there was a mini can coming straight across and i looked right and saw a car that wasnt going to stop for the stop sign, the buick hit the right side of the van then spun it into the front of my truck and i caved in thier sliding door and shattered the window....

Its not too too bad, headlight pushed in, fender pushed in, bumper was rubbing the tire, but from the window shattering the hood and fender is peppered with chips ...

Old 06-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got in an accident.....

Dude! Was everyone ok? That sucks man, the last accident I was in was an 80 year old woman rear ending me.....I don't know why, but that sound funny. Sorry Eric, I hope all gets fixed up for ya. Good thing you weren't on the bike.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Whew, glad you were in the truck, when I was waiting for the thread to open....I was picturing you on your street sled.

Your truck held up real well.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Yea, thats the stuff that makes you think... man, glad i wasnt on a bike..... my last 2 accidents i was stopped at a stop sign, last time i was rear ended.... Yea everyone was ok, the girl in the buick was 22, just wasnt paying attention, the kid driving the van was still on his permit, his dad was in the passenger seat, im just glad she was a split second faster or they were not slower, would have been a dead on T bone..... was pretty crazy, felt the van hit the truck then a shower of glass..... there was glass in my bed... Yea the old GMC held up good, the bumper was hitting the tire, but the guy who towed the van on a flat bed hooked onto my bumper with a bobcat and bent it away from the tire so i could drive it.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I was hesitent to click on the link, but the very fact you posted it told me you were at least able to type. I hope they are all okay and the 22 year old girl, I can't come down too hard on her, I remember not focusing on the road as much as I should at that age... That's her lesson learned.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

hah... your truck didnt have a scratch. sucks to be that van, how long has he been on his permit? cus if that was his 2/3rd day out that's really blow for him.

as for the bucik, it seems harmless, she just wasnt paying attetion, nooone was hurt, everythings fine. but if the minivan was a bike, or you were on yours..... someone would of died. i hate mindless bitches that everything is ok just because theyre retarded. not to long ago i saw a 1/2ton chevy t-bone a jeep cherroke. and the first theing the bitch in the truck said was "sorry, i was looking in the mirrior" WTF? thats demented. and to look down long enough to miss a stop sign or an ENTIRE TRUCK? what are theese people doing? even though it seems rough i think people that get in crashes like that, where a small bit of concentration or common sence would have prevented EVERYTHING their lisence should be revoked and they are put into a driver safety program (at their expence, not the states) where you need a very high score to pass. and until they pass they dont get their lisence back.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member

No matter how many times I tell them - they never pay attention... stop signs with white borders are NOT optional!

Glad you are ok

Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

wow not much done to your truck considering what happened to the van.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you are ok, and no one was hurt.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you're okay. I can't believe that a GM product held up so well!

Quick Reply: Got in an accident.....