Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

getting a little pissed off!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Default getting a little pissed off!!!!!!

OK so this Katrina thing..... This is a national disaster and it really bothers me that There are a certain few who take total advantage of other people's misery!!!!!! These friggen looters They show on the news are the reason why we have such a bad opinion about black america!!!!!! The media needs to sit back and realize the impact they put on America.Instead of showing all these people stealing stereos, show the really desperate people taking the food and water and say this what is being done to survive. (changed this post cause I was relly mad last night [:@])

Old 09-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: getting a little pissed off!!!!!!

Hey I agree, but also the media does not always portray them in a good light. Example just yesterday the AP showed a white lady coming out of a store with a handful of bread and soda the caption read " resident doing what it takes to survive" something close to that. Next there is a shot of black man coming out of a store with some stuff I believe it was food too, and it read " residents are looting" Kinda f%cked up.

Now taking tv's ect is over the line and there is a lot of that going on to.

Things like this bring out the best and the worst in our fellow humans. Some will rise up and be heroes and some will sink to the bottom and be scum. I can't even imagine how bad it is going to get there for those people before it's over.

Just think if you had just lost every thing and may be missing family members. Your tired, hunger, scared and not sure what to do. I think most will start to get angry and want help and support that they will believe is not coming fast enough. I would not want to be in the astro dome right now.

I feel very sad for all those affected and hope that the government takes swift and appropriate action to help restore order and there lives to some kind of normal. [&o]

Old 09-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

well put notstock. well put!!!!!!!!!![sm=exactly.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 09-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

100% agree with you notstock! I hope this situation is fixed quickly and lives are back to normal as soon as they can be.

Old 09-02-2005, 05:10 PM

I couldn't have put it in better words... Right on Notstock