Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 09-01-2005, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Gas Prices Rise Again

3.69 in joliet il, 3.39 in most places around chicagoland, although this morning all Oasis stops in the tri-state tollway were 2.89 with lines down the ramps.

Word is to expect it to break over $4 before the end of the weekend and quite possibly approach $5.

1st pic is from Atlanta yesterday, 2nd is for fun.

[IMG]local://upfiles/576/539E23F2F3014B7192C90357940F3EE4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/576/2CC392C5A39B42EF8F8BB51FCC014E29.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Here in New Brunswick, Canada prices went from 1.09 a litre to 1.17 then to 1.25 and then on to the current 1.39 within less than a week! Ouch, these prices are insane!!!! It costs me over double to fill my car - thank god the bike has good gas mileage - I haven't had to fill it up at the new prices yet [:@]

Old 09-02-2005, 07:00 PM

there are always the 'gougers' out there!! I make a mental note of the stations that jump the prices that high, and NEVER go near them!!!! In GA it really sucks, cuz a year ago we had about the cheapest gas in the country, now we're above average....just hope we keep some decent weather, then I can stay on the bike for the commute. Don't trust ATL driver's in the wet so I take the 'cage' when it's raining...costs $10.00 a day more just for the commute for my wife and I when I take my car and she takes hers ('70 Chevy Caprice).....

Old 09-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Gas is going to hurt everyone a lot.

I have about a 100 mile commute every day and was considering going back to the cage due to being hit 2 times in the last year. My truck gets 10 mpg and takes about 95 to fill right now. It goes 370 miles between fillips. Also I used to run 3-4 trucks for work and I am down to 1 now but gas is a kick in the *** for me. I will probably have to raise my hourly rate to make up for it.

Supply and demand is bull ****. Why do the oil companies always get to gross the same amount of dollars no mater if the sell 100,000 gallons or 50,000 gallons. I just used those numbers as a reference. I wish when one of my trucks were in for repair and not out making money I could raise my rate so I would still make as much with out doing as much. WTF

Boy I could rant on about this for freaking days [:@]

Old 09-02-2005, 10:18 PM

Notstock...aint that part of the beauty of these forums? We can rant all we want without actually hurting anyone and going to jail
What really sucks to me is that we have no control of it. We can't exactly stop buying gas can we, so we're at their mercy....they get richer (and they are!! make no mistake) while we get poorer, plus my customers have less disposable income now, so they're not buying as much, which means not only am I spending more to get to work, I make less when I'm at work!!

Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly.

I find it hard to believe that the oil companies are just now figuring this out I am sure they have always known. It came to me a few years ago that it is just good business thinking, why work harder by producing more gas/oil to make less money, more gas = less price at the pump. When they can work less, pump less oil and make less gas, and charge more at the pump.

It's freaking brilliant but not fair to the consumers.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 PM

fair?? Do you think for one freakin minute they give a rats behind what is 'fair'?? Oh no, fair looses out to profit every time!! I only wish there was a way for the consumer to fight back - I know, everyone buy bikes, that way average per capita use goes way down, and they can choke themselves on their reserves!!! Of course, there a lot of people who shouldn't be on the road anyway, so putting them on bikes might not be such a great idea....a little extreme for population control....

Old 09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

I hear ya bro, I would like to cram those reserves right down there throats.

I wonder if they secretly hope for disasters to wipe out there plants or rigs.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:52 PM

I don't think "throats" Is the word you're looking for honey LOL. I live upstate NY and we are about 3.59 at the mobils and Stewarts wants 3.89. Down on Staten Island it's up to 6.00!!!!! Thank God I don't have to go anywhere during the day! My bike cost 9.00 the other day just to top it off[:@] !

Quick Reply: [Deleted]