Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Furnaces are a lot like motorcycles. *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Good work Deejer! If my heater ever craps out, I'm getting you a cheap plane ticket to Ohio!!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Good work Deejer! If my heater ever craps out, I'm getting you a cheap plane ticket to Ohio!!

Can I ride the Ghost Harley when I get there?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

You can ride all of my bikes Deejer! I think you would like the Ultra Glide better! And I know you would like the 14. Once you nail it, it pulls your cheeks back around your ears, and you have a frozen smile on your face for the rest of the day!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, you would go back to Washington with that smile, and your wife would think you got laid.........buahahahaha!

Old 05-20-2009, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
Make sure and adjust the cfm of the blower and the W.C inches to obtain a proper Temp Rise deej. Condensing furnaces will last longer as well with what you have already mentioned. You pulled an upflow furnace, so make sure that the AC pan was not overflowing causing premature heat exchanger rust/slime. Have fun

AC Pan?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
AC Pan?

condensate pan

Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yeah deej jeez! Dragone should'nt there be a safty switch turning the unit off if condensate does'nt drain? how long you been in the buisness? just wondering. you sound like a vet.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Actually these furnaces don't have a condensate pan. They have a condensate trap that goes to a floor drain. You don't really have to do anything. As I mentioned above, Bryant came out with a 20 year warranty that covers a defect in materials and design. The inside of the Secondary Heat Exchanger which is lined with PVC has a know issue that causes it to crumble apart after an undetermined amount of time. I like how they put the wording in their warranty information.

What was the issue?
The Plaintiffs claim the polypropylene used to coat the secondary heat exchanger is not sufficient. We adamantly deny these claims and maintain that we did not act wrongfully or unlawfully. Because we vigorously stand behind our products and believe that the patented material we use to construct our secondary heat exchangers is superior, we sought a quick remedy in the very best interest of our customers.

What is
polypropelene
?

Polypropylene, or PPL, is plastic resin which was first developed for use in handling highly corrosive fluids. Many car batteries are made of polypropylene to ensure safely stored battery acids. It has also been found to be one of the safest plastics for the handling of food. PPL is used in food containers and even in some bake ware.

FAIL!!! I can pull the plastic out with needle nose pliers. Its shot. No dirty filter or plugged drain will cause this. Bryant's patented plastic lined units SUCK!

Old 05-20-2009, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

So then your analogy of why heaters are like women, is because they suck? Wow, just wow Deejer

Quick Reply: Furnaces are a lot like motorcycles. *UPDATE*