Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Finger Mullet's Odyssey....My First Computer Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Good luck bro, hope it works well for ya. Hey was that power house you started up a combined cycle peaker? I have built several and am very familiar with them.
Jus wonderin!

Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice job FM, are you going to try and overclock the processor? Did I say that right? I really don't know what I am talking about.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Good luck bro, hope it works well for ya. Hey was that power house you started up a combined cycle peaker? I have built several and am very familiar with them.
Jus wonderin!
Simple cycle, two 58 MW peaker units powered by Rolls Royce turbines, running on natural gas with low sulfur diesel as a backup option. We build the exhaust pipe and stack. Included in our exhaust pipe are silencing baffles, CO oxidation catalyst, NOx reduction catalyst with an ammonia injection system (SCR), and the exhaust gas monitoring and reporting system (CEMS) for the EPA and local regulatory agencies.

I develop the software which runs the SCR and the CEMS as well as the water injection in the turbine.....kinda funny a dumb azze Cracker is given such responsibility.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Nice job FM, are you going to try and overclock the processor? Did I say that right? I really don't know what I am talking about.
She's put together and ready for initial startup......yeah she'll be getting overclocked a bit ....notice my led clocker on top of the case ready to go.

Preliminary power queries on the Florida Power Grid capabilities make it appear that it will be able to take the load.

Here goes nuthin....9....8....7......

Old 05-10-2009, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Countdown temporarily aborted for a beer run....just in case.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

T-12 Beers, and counting ...

Old 05-10-2009, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I hope the next upstream switchyard has their protective relays set correctly so you wont trip out half the state.
FM, I am very familiar with Continuous emissions monitoring systems, and they are a pain in the *** from my experience, but necessary.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

T-3 beers and she is lit up..... I had a couple wires backward and Installed Windows before my raid 0 was fully configed.....but reset the raid0 setup and installed window.....whooo whoooo.....she's alive

Fast little Biatch she is ... only overclocked to 3.2 gig and she installed Enterprise SQL server in under 5 minutes.....that's gotta be a world record or sumthn.

I got her running on the Release Candidate of the new Windows 7 64bit which is not available for sale yet......I luv it....installing Visual Studio Professional now...no power blackouts either...I think.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
FM, I am very familiar with Continuous emissions monitoring systems, and they are a pain in the *** from my experience, but necessary.
Cool.....got any side work for an Environmental Engineer with a PE that can develop a kick azz windows based application using sql as your database.....I got the puter now.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey worlock what scada system are you using for your plc interface with analyzers an valves and such......I've been working on a C# interface that can directly communicate and manipulate OPC tags.....Can you say No Scada license fees...

Well .... instead there may be some Finger Mullet Fees....but I bet I'll be cheaper.

Quick Reply: Finger Mullet's Odyssey....My First Computer Build