Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Cops Profiling

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Cops Profiling

Running is never smart anyway. You may have gotten away this time, but next time, you might not be so lucky. If you get caught running, you'll be in much worse trouble. Yes, cops do profile sportbikes. You know why? Because of the people that do stupid things on them, and give the rest of us a bad name. Now that you've run from him, I would be willing to put money up that he'll be looking for your bike. If he sees a bike that looks like yours, he's going to find something to ticket whoever is riding it. You just screwed somebody else! Don't you feel proud now? If he sees your bike again, you can bet that you are getting pulled over. Next time, just keep your head on straight. Yes, people that run from the cops make for some great TV, but why don't you leave that to people who only have a couple of live brain cells left. Here's something else to think about... You didn't know if there was another patrol car half a mile down the road. Next time, don't be stupid.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I got pulled over last night, I was polite and respectful...and got a warning as usual. The cops appreciate someone who is honest and cooperative more than someone who puts lives in danger, most cops are just trying to do their job.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I get stopped all the time on my bike,just because they aren't used to seeing a dirtbike on the roads,maybe it's because I'm not some smart *ss kid they are usually pretty cool about it.Vic you would have a hard time runnin from the mp's on your camel

Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 AM
1st Gear Member

haha +1

Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 AM
1st Gear Member

So true!

Old 10-20-2007, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: sup_uni

here in good old wyoming (god that makes me sound like such a hick) the cops let us off of everything, had a friend wheelie right in front of one and he just told us to take it out of town. had a friend get paced at 110 mph in town and the cop just told him to slow down, lol for some reason they love us here.

i was doing rolling burnouts accross the street from the courthouse and once again, cop said "take it outside city limits so we dont have to deal with it"

Damn, I always knew I wanted to go to Wyoming and ride my bike.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

There are so many things wrong with that whole story, it's not even funny.

Five over. Jesus Christ - you don't run for five over. Just cause you had one cop run you through the mill and go over your bike with a magnifying glass and write you LEGIT tickets for your mods - most likely cause you started up an attitude with him - doesn't mean they all will or do.

Mods are a gamble - most cops will let them slide, so long as you are not being horribly annoying with a D&D pipe or something... and sportbikes for the last 15 years have had a horizon line in their headlight lenses... go to a dark road, angle it down to trunk-height. Even stock beams will get you pulled over if you don't keep it adjusted correctly.

The thing with the gas station - have been in that situaiton many times, never had it happen. Were you staring him down? Were you muttering and making comments while filling up your bike? Did you roll in, eyeballing him and shake your head as you went by? Guess what - if you did any of that - then yes, the cop is going to take an interest in you. However - all you needed to do at the time he approached you was to say two words: Probable Cause. If he cannot justify his interest in "stopping" you - then you can file a complaint with the department about the officers' conduct, as it would have been out of line.

Running for 5 over will likely get you seriously injured or dead some day. Is it really worth it? Chances are since you were doing 5 over, and he LIDARed you (which is easy, even on a small vehicle and plate) instead of old school radar - he had the probable cause to stop you, check you out for a moment, and depending on your traffic history and your attitude - let you go with a verbal.

When you run for something so stupid and trivial, it ENSURES that there will be more stops and more interest by cops of bikes for more trivial things. Stop, be nice, be respectful, and you will be treated the same, 9 times out of 10. Don't give a cop a reason to pay more attention to you than thinking "there's one of those damn sportbike kids", and you won't have any issues.
I fully agree!!! You have no idea why they are pulling you over...there can be a BOLO for someone riding a bike like yours for some reason or another...I got pulled over 5 times because I was driving a blue Honda civic but I wasn't the person they were looking for... ...don't be looking for a reason to get a ticket or worse by trying to outrun them...motorola is still faster then any bike out there...

Old 10-21-2007, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 you cant out run the radio

Old 10-21-2007, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

+1

Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hokie01

I get stopped all the time on my bike,just because they aren't used to seeing a dirtbike on the roads,maybe it's because I'm not some smart *ss kid they are usually pretty cool about it.Vic you would have a hard time runnin from the mp's on your camel
cops dont even look at dirt bikes here unless ur doing something stupid, almost everything except mx bikes are registered here.

Quick Reply: Cops Profiling