Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

This is completely true and a little entertaining

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: This is completely true and a little entertaining

Glad to hear it man she would have killed herself for sure in that thing!

Old 04-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

her dad took the vette and gave her a 350z. lol

Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Now about the ticket you Ohio boys gave me for doing 58 in a 55 in my bigtruck, now that's wrong!! lol ...ya, yall love me!
And thats why i hate ohio.

Old 04-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Exactly!!! Most OTR drivers bypass the buckeye whenever possible... we don't stop for fuel, food, or supplies unless absolutely necessary... No offense to any of you OH guys, just not a fun state in a large car.. Even CA lets us get away with 10 over, and they are a 55 state also, and I've logged 100,000 plus miles in Cali alone!!

So what we started doing was lane blocking.. one truck would do 53 or 54, then the other truck would pass 55-56 mph, but now there's a law against that[:@]

Old 04-20-2006, 05:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Great story! I agree wth everyone else. No 16 year old should have a corvette. She got what she deserved.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Bigrig, don't get me confused with the Ohio State Highway patrol-I'm not huge fans of them myself (even though I'm a cop in Ohio) one of em pulled my wife over for 69 in a 60 and wrote her then he called me at my station to explain how it was sad to see the wife of a cop breaking the law and she should be seeting an example! P.S. Your ticket is the lowest speed violation Ive ever heard of someone getting-I won't pull over anyone unless they're 15 over the limit.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 50 Slider

Hey Bigrig, don't get me confused with the Ohio State Highway patrol-I'm not huge fans of them myself (even though I'm a cop in Ohio) one of em pulled my wife over for 69 in a 60 and wrote her then he called me at my station to explain how it was sad to see the wife of a cop breaking the law and she should be seeting an example! P.S. Your ticket is the lowest speed violation Ive ever heard of someone getting-I won't pull over anyone unless they're 15 over the limit.
That's just amazing!! The trooper had the gall to call you with that!! I was pretty mad about my ticket... oh well, it did not go on my record, tho'... My dad is a owner op, and he got a ticket in OH also for 61 in a 55..... I don't think the state boys like bigrigs??

What you need to do is find out where that trooper lives and follow his wife all day.. don't give her a ticket for speeding though, get her for something really stupid!! lol lol......... I've never had a problem with a local yocal or a county mounty..hell, I respect what you guys do. That's a lot of BS to put up with every day. If you get a couple of people with a power trip, it gives all of you all a bad name, ya know..

Old 04-20-2006, 08:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I hear ya man, unfortunately I think that the trucking industry is a cash cow for a lot of states with all the ticket $$$ they bring in, Ohio seems to take advantage of it more than most states I think. Same as the state troopers are big into dinging you guys when your rig is overweight- all about the $$$ I guess.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:30 AM
1st Gear Member

IMO....she should have never gotten a corvette at that age....I wonder if her dads ever seen what happens when one gets in a wreck....its not pretty....and at high speeds...good luck surviving

Old 04-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Obviously a very irresponsible little girl! I can tell you that if my dad had bought me a vette when I turned 16 - I definately wouldn't have done something stupid like that (or at least made damn sure I didn't get caught!) Glad he took it away from her - I hope he gets her a woody wagon!

Quick Reply: This is completely true and a little entertaining