Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

This is completely true and a little entertaining

Old 04-19-2006, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member
Default This is completely true and a little entertaining

Well, as the title goes, this post is completely true. I' m a police officer in Ohio and I'm up on the interstate running laser (last weekend). So this yellow C5 Corvette goes flying past me at 121 mph. I finally catch up to the car about 2 miles down the road and stop it. The driver happens to be a 16 year old girl so I ask "why are you going so fast and how did you happen to get behind the wheel of this car since you've only had your license for three weeks?" She replies that the car was a birthday present that her dad gave to her. So I write out the ticket and send her on her way. I'm aware of who her dad is cuz he owns a Nissan dealership in our city. So today when I'm out on patrol, I drive past the Nissan dealer and see a yellow C5 in the lot with a sign that says "low miles must sell!" Don't get me wrong, I feel bad about causing someone to lose their ride, but the last thing myself or any other Ohio rider needs is to get smoked on the interstate by an inexperienced driver doing twice the posted speed in a vette.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Default RE: This is completely true and a little entertaining

def did the right thing, no 16 year old needs a vette, and if they are spoiled enough to get one and break the law that bad.......good riddance. girl was probably a stuck up snob bragging in school about it and now look. back to the economy cars. bwahahaha good job

Old 04-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

She didn't need that car, especially that fast. that could have been a bad deal. At least she was caught before she wrecked and caused some serious damage..

Now about the ticket you Ohio boys gave me for doing 58 in a 55 in my bigtruck, now that's wrong!! lol ...ya, yall love me!

Old 04-19-2006, 09:13 AM

i'm planning on going to school for criminal justice, so it'll be nice handing tickets out.......even though i've never gotten one.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i wouldnt loose sleep over her loosing her car, infact id sleep better knowing shes not on the road. you guys are right she dont need a vette. she needs a 1987 toyota tercell. thatll learn her.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 AM

bwahahaha, how great would it be if her dad was real pissed and took the vette away and gave her a stationwagon. that chances of that are about 0% since he gave her a vette only being 16 in the first place. she probably pouted about it, and he spoiled her again and just gave her a better car.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Jeeezzzz ... over here they would take her outta the car, have it towed and take her to jail doing that sort of speed. And thats the way I like it

Old 04-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

well good job..... what kind of parent would think their 16 yr old would be responcible enough behind the wheel of a vette to stay with in the speed limit.... you got to be sh!itting me.... i'm with evil nina get her a rusted out tercel.......

Old 04-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I was really hoping this was going in a different direction [&o] her dad did the right thing though and here in cali she would have been taken in and charged with reckless.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

sooooo veryyyy trueeeee[:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This is completely true and a little entertaining