Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Boreem X2 pocket bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Boreem X2 pocket bike

Ya, ya, ya, not a Kawasaki, but I got a, at least seemed to me, good deal on it. Delivered a fridge to a customer and he had several rides behind his house. Two of these, I bought one and my buddy bought the other, then a couple 3-wheel units, one was larger, but had some 4-lug wheels on back and a van step for running boards, had a title but it needed work. Not something I'm interested in taking on at this point, and some large-fiberglass-seat one that was rather small.

So, talked about these with him, he said he'd take $100, but I offered $80, he agreed, and my buddy asked if he'd take $140 for both, which he did. So we both have one. I chose the one without a key, but the tires are inflated and the plastic is in better condition (not cracked). The battery is dead, and I have one from an ATV, not sure it would fit without significant modification to the mount. Then I can install more lights (strobes, underglow LEDs, flush mount signals), like I want, and use one of my solar battery maintainers. Might see about some LED headlight replacements, I don't plan on riding at night, I think they're MR16s, or whichever 12V 2" light they are.

But main thing is getting it started. Have to figure out the key, how to bypass it. Everything else should be fairly simple.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

if its the kind of bike i think it is there should only be 2 wires running along the handle bars/frame where the "ignition" is. just cut em and splice em and youll be fine.

??> http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...l4dEV7Fd_CF4iQ

Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member

It's different. Has round lights, about 5-7 years old. Has 4 wires on the key. I'll get some pics up.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I guess I could always check out how the switch works on the other one. Put a couple rocker switches in the bottom or back of the box.