Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Big cities

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Big cities

Alright sorry to all you cali people but it sux out here. We're from a small town back east. Me and my buddies got of work early yesterday and decided to do the whole Alcatraz thing. It was actually really neat. Pier 39 with all the shops and food was pretty cool too. We had a good time eattin at Bubba Gumps Shrimp and hangin out. It was when we got back to the car in the big a$$ lighted parking lot that we were pissed. Some A$$hole broke into our car. Every compartment was open and all the stuff from inside them was scatered all over the floor. Being a rental we didn't have much in there but there was a lever to open the trunk and they got in and stole 3 of our Gortex jakets. Not that big a deal because they're issued to us. It was the fact that someone broke in our car in broad daylight in a parking garage with a couple hundred people in it and they got away with it. To top it off on the way home the windows started fogging up and i noticed something written on them. It was a stickman with a big smiley face. It was cool to see everything but i think i like home a little better. Sorry for all the venting guys

Old 06-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Big cities

Weclome to California, now go home! JK bro

The break in sux man, hard to believe that thieves are able to do sh%t like that and know one sees anything. It may be nice out here but there are a lot of people and with it a lot of idiots, gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Take it easy and have a safe trip home.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Weclome to California, now go home! JK bro

The break in sux man, hard to believe that thieves are able to do sh%t like that and know one sees anything. It may be nice out here but there are a lot of people and with it a lot of idiots, gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Take it easy and have a safe trip home.
dude sorry about your experiance.... but that kind of stuff happens in any big city.... but ya it sux....

Old 06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

big cities suck

Old 06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: txredneckmedic

big cities suck
they sure do! that's why I live in the sticks!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

man that sux sorry to hear that i live 20 min from the city its happend to me too.........[:@]

Old 06-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ya, big cities are not fun...I have been in every state in the continental US, and most big and small towns in between..The bigger the town = the more of a hurry everyone is in. Rude people, and Crime. And it's not just Cali.. NY and Florida are the worst two states. I almost got jumped by a gang in Florida. Dude asked me for directions. Then pulled a gun. Good thing mine was bigger. When I jump out of the truck to refuel or to get a shower, I pack. I had a friend who was coming back to his truck, after a brief stop, and a would be robber tried to take his wallet at gun point. After he refused to give up his monies, the robber fired a shot and hit him in the hand. After the gun went off, needless to say that robber had a good group of truckers beating the dog **** out of him...

Ya, it sux man. If you are used to that small town kindness, you can not get used to that big city crime.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

wow that quite an adventure.....

Old 06-10-2006, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

lol..Ya, it's amazing the things that will happen to you on the road. There's a couple of fellow truckers on here, and you'll have to ask for some stories one day..You'd be amazed man..

I was sitting in West Memphis one day. There are four truck stops right in a row. All kind of catti corner to each other. Now, it is the middle of the day. Sun shining. Busy, lots of traffic. You get the idea. I'm parked up front, by pumps, not in the back by pervert row, right up front in plain sight. A dude walks by in front of my truck and looks at me, and nods his head. i'm like WTF? Why is this dude staring at me. He walks up to my door, and I figure hell's fixing to break loose, ya know. Anyway, he asks me if i needed anything. Some hi-speed chicken feed, some weed, crank, etc...He goes on and on..Dam dude, I don't need nothing!! Get the Fk outta here.. Right in middle of day, he is peddling drugs and who knows what else...

People are amazing. The sad thing is, he wouldn't be out there if people were not buying ya know.....

Old 06-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

wow thats alot of crazyness.... so what you see on tv about truck drivers is pretty much true....

Quick Reply: Big cities