Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Big cities

Old 06-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Big cities

I dont' know....What do you see on TV about truck drivers??

There's a lot of good people out there...that's true with any profession. But it only takes one dumbas$ to screw it up for all of us ya know....

Old 06-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

oh ya i'm sure it does.... just like anything else.... but hey your a cool *** dude, one of the best i ever met.....

Old 06-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

thanx !! Everyone on here on KF, are some pretty dang good peoples. Most places you get a couple of A-Holes ya know, but not here. Pretty dang cool....When the wife is looking over my shoulder to see what I'm typing, she's like " oh, you're talking to MK again! Why don't you marry HIM" !!! lol lol lol

Old 06-10-2006, 07:46 AM
1st Gear Member

BigRig....I have met alot of truckers and your right one bad apple gives the rest a bad name. Ive met ALOT of good ones....but also seen some people killed and hurt due to truckers faking logs(not sleeping) and taking drugs.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yup, very true TX.... I saw on accident up in PA on the pike, it happened about 4 car lengths in front of me. It shut down the entire turnpike. Trucker fell asleep and WHAM....There was not much of a car left. They brought in a helicopter to airlift all the people out. I wish I could say, it's not all the driver's fault ya know. You have a deadline to meet, and if you don't meet it, you're looking for a new job. But at the same time, a person has to know when to stop and take a nap at least ya know. The bad thing is though, most people do not realize what we go through. They think you just sit and drive, and it's not near that easy. Trucks only account for .08 % of accidents nationally, but when one happens, it headline news.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:06 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah its headline news cuz its usually bad. and I hate to say it but 95% of truck accidents Ive seen it was the truckers fault and involved drugs or lack of sleep

Old 06-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ya, you're are exactly right....When it happens it is bad.... 80,000 lbs barreling down on a 3,000 lb car is not good. The last company I drove for was national and actuallly made all of us Drug test. Which should be mandated with a CDL anyway. That is the only truck company I have ever drove for that drug tested...

What should be done is, take some of the Hazmat rules and apply them to all CDL's...that would cut a lot of the bad eggs out.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh I definetly agree. I dont know how many people we have had their CDL license pulled since they got a fake medical(which isnt hard to do). One ****er even had epilepsy and the doc he went to cleared him.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

NO WAY!! Holy crap.....That's just sad. It does not even have to be a doctor do the med exam. A chiropractor can do it. What on earth does a chiro know about med exams??

To have epilepsy tho is bad. That's just wrong. The doc should have just gave that dude a nucleur war head while he was at it.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Well the doc here actually took the guys keys, called the company and told them to come pick up the truck/trailer. Sad thing was the guy was a owner/operator. Weve had alot of guys come out here and have their blood sugar in the 500's. I believe diabetes requiring insulin is a no no for a trucker also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big cities