Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Anyone an expert on Rabbits? *NEW PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Anyone an expert on Rabbits?

A pic of one of them last night after feeding it. They are starting to get bigger and this morning I noticed that their ears are starting to come up. In about three or four days their eyes will probably open up. They are way too cute!

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/2EF13ADCA2864AC1A7845597997F2216.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-16-2006, 03:29 PM

OMG, they are so friggen cute!!!! Are you feeding them the cat milk and how's it going?

Old 06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

We actually got some tiny little baby bottles from the vet clinic - they recommended using goat's milk to feed them. So that is what we're doing. They are doing really well! When I went to get one of them out this morning to feed it, they all started squeaking and all tried to climb in my hand. They have associated my hand with food, so that is a good sign! They are getting bigger and seem to be quite healthy and active. Their fur is starting to come in pretty good too!

I can't wait for them to open up their eyes!

Old 06-16-2006, 05:11 PM

BB, your a new mommy. They will start to think your their mother. I don't see what is wrong with that. As long as their eating and developing ok, right? Well, that is awesome. And they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. Good Luck!

Old 06-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I don't mind being their mommy! The only crappy part about them, is that I have to get up so early in the morning to feed them, but that'll only be for a few more weeks. I'm sure I'll survive! And besides, its well worth it. They seem to have already bonded with me, as soon as I pick them up, they cuddle right up with me.

They are awesome and I'll make sure I update thier progress and get pics as they grow!

Old 06-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Well.........some good news and some bad news. Three of the babies seem to be doing great, they are drinking plenty of 'milk' and seem to be growing. One of the little guys didn't make it

Old 06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

I like them with mild seasoning and on the bbq, cook till all the pink is out and you're good to go.

JK bluebird I could not resist, I am sick and need help. [&o]

Sorry about the baby bunnies but like tx said if they were touched by anyone and have a bad sent to the mom she will not take care of them. You will have to feed them every few hours with a small baby doll bottle, a toy one does work, with whole milk. You may want to get a book on caring for bunny or call the vet he will be able to give good advice.

Also find out if the two adult bunnies are male and female, if so separate asap or you will become over run by baby bunnies very soon.

Good luck and sorry again about the tasteless joke.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

so how many you down to now?

Old 06-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

I like them with mild seasoning and on the bbq, cook till all the pink is out and you're good to go.

JK bluebird I could not resist, I am sick and need help. [&o]

Sorry about the baby bunnies but like tx said if they were touched by anyone and have a bad sent to the mom she will not take care of them. You will have to feed them every few hours with a small baby doll bottle, a toy one does work, with whole milk. You may want to get a book on caring for bunny or call the vet he will be able to give good advice.

Also find out if the two adult bunnies are male and female, if so separate asap or you will become over run by baby bunnies very soon.

Good luck and sorry again about the tasteless joke.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: txredneckmedic

so how many you down to now?
down to three babies (the mother and the other one ran away, my hubby went to feed them and as soon as he opened the door to the cage, they both bolted)

Quick Reply: Anyone an expert on Rabbits? *NEW PICS*