Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

25 year sentance for a guy that killed a biker!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

No in my opinion Ignorant was the correct word.

You may not like that I think your ignorant, but I don’t like the fact that you think you are above everyone else. Either way I don’t think anything anyone tells us differently is going to change our opinions.

As far as Worlok that’s just the way he has presented him self. I’m not saying I have never done the same. Worlok if I have offended you I apologize, but lets face it you have defended a few females on here for I don’t know what reasons.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:03 PM
1st Gear Member

GS,

give her the benefit of the doubt bud. Maybe in her excellent thought process, she is actually right about not being ingnorant!

Instead the proper label would be stupid, (sorry, you left the door wide open on that one chick) because she has knowledge that it is risky and could create a negative outcome in which she may hurt herself or god forbid somebody else!

But hey what do I know. Either stupid or ingnorant she is not going to stop until she hits/kills someone or loses her license to drive for some other reason. Best of luck and once again god's blessings to you chick.

LOL!!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Gs, buffalo is correct in his use of word to describe my actions. I will take the "stupid" label because on a regular basis I engage in thrill seeking activities which I know are potentially harmful to my well being. But hey, we all ride motorcycles knowing that at any moment we lose our lives. Guess that is the way the game of roulette is played in life with activities and hobbies we enjoy. I just hate my antagonist is a group of extreme left wing liberals who at the same time engage in other activities I may necessairly be against or would not take chances to the same extreme but yet have the audacity to lecture me on what I am taking unnecessary risks on. I just pray you don't eat your words when the day comes that you dump your bike. I can only hope you walk away from it because it is not a matter of if but it is a matter of when you will dump. God forbid something terrible happens to any of you but hey, you assume the risk every time you hop on the bike or do what it is you do. .

I seriously would think there would be much more concern about the risks associated with my job before I would ear f&*k someone about text messaging in their vehicle. What I do everyday just to make a living well exceeds the "risks" associated with text messaging in my vehicle. At least once a week or more I get my arms cut, come home with a new bruise, go to extreme heights and have to crawl in confined spaces. Not to mention all of the particles inhaled from normal production operations in addition to me working well above 40 hours a week (so at this point we have the fatigue factor which is equivalent to driving drunk according to your bull **** statistics). But once again, I am above everyone else so whatever I am typing here is irrelevant.

GS, there is a huge difference between thinking I am above everyone else and knowing my intelligence level and capabilities. If I thought I were above anyone first of all, I would have never responded back to you post because you are definetly not worth my time. Second, if it were my intent to try and change a position (such as what you guys are trying to do to me) I think I would have made more conclusive claims to support my position rather than using how my person does react to the situation.

I have a huge issue whenever there is a debate on something where people can go either way with their positions and because someone is not on the popular posititon all of a sudden they are deemed to be "above" someone. Mea Culpa for even getting involved in this one sided discussion I suppose.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
I'll take my chances. But i'm sure its more likely to be involved in an accident on a motorcycle than it is texting.
Sup beachessss ... sorry it took so long to respond. I am married to my job. Yessss!! =)

Well it is evident we all have our opinions and people think I'm a re re. O well, all is fair in love in war. I guess I'll have to continue to take my "calculated" chances.
for as smart as you claim to be you sure don't prove it with your actions...it's not you taking a calculated risk...it's the other drivers/riders that have to out there on the road with you...since you were in the law enforcement field I'm sure you had to be called out accident scenes and the causes were from inattentive/distracted drivers...doesn't matter what the distraction was the outcome is the same...multitasking while driving means less attention is being put forth to your driving...it may take you killing someone to get this point across...like I said...you risk nothing... ...I'm sure the driver that took out my friend thought the same thing as she blew through the stop sign that she didn't see and over the biker that she didn't see because she was texting...my friend has now spent the past 2 years relearning to tie his shoes...medically discharged from his job...no longer remembers any of his friends...his young children have lost their father and his wife now has another child to care for... ...I'm glad you don't live around here...one less thing to have to watch out for...

Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Funny how you try to make your point Odimus. I have NEVER in the 10 years i've been driving been involved in an accident which I caused. I have always been involved in accidents where another driver has hit me. I about got knocked off an overpass when an F250 hit my Nissan Sentra because he didn't pay attention to when he was supposed to get off the interstate. I was almost hit by a car when they ran me off the road on my motorcycle because they didn't see me. Have I had my fair share of tickets? Of course! Who hasn't?? What happened to your buddy was unfortunate but don't dare categorize me in the same category as the person who hit him.

As far as you saying you are glad I don't live around here, let me harp on you guys not from here for a minute. First, your dumbass drivers from Arkansas and all these other midwestern states where the speed limit is 60 on the interstates, when on the way to my beautiful city of Gulf Shores (the beach!) where I live cause so many traffic jams and accidents because 1. they don't know how to drive through a tunnel at the posted speed limit of 70 mph 2. refuse to drive on a bridge over water at the posted speed limit of 70 mph and 3. crawl down the road while it is raining and end up rear ending someone because they don't know how to drive. All of this occurring while they are rubber necking, checking their maps, taking pictures, and pointing things out to their kids in the back seat.

You say watch out for me. I say watch out for you. I'm over my speed addiction which got me those 3 tickets I received.

So, Odimus, how many accidents have you been involved in where you were the cause and how many tickets have you had over your driving record?

Oooo and lets not forget to mention the freakin wheelie you are cutting in your picture. Let me elaborate on all the men I've had to take pictures of splattered all over the road because they are stunting and racing on the roads or the cars they rearended because they were hauling *** and couldnt stop.

Since we're all being hypocrites here let me post you a reminder of what you will look like once you wreck stunting. Enjoy! Wait... this is where I'm supposed to add the line "I'm glad I don't live around you, I'd be scared to be on the road". Oooo I'm shakin in my steel toe boots.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

First of all I'm not from Arkansas...I just moved here and I will be retiring in this great state...and the speed limit on most of the interstates out here are 70...

second the only accident I've been in was when another biker not paying attention to the stop sign because he was lookin' at a biker behind him...had the choice of either going in the other lane and go head on with a truck or smash into him...he was the softer target...

The wheelie...too funny...if that was me a wheelie on a race track is perfectly LEGAL and one of the best places for it since it is a closed course...I do go to the track to get my fix of speed...I know...crazy...

I don't stunt either...I'm actually quite a responsible rider...probably why the military has me teaching sport bike safety...I emphasize on defensive riding as to avoid idiots that feel the need to text while driving...

So never say never and once agian I glad I am up here and you are down there

Funny how you try to make your point Odimus. I have NEVER in the 10 years i've been driving been involved in an accident which I caused. I have always been involved in accidents where another driver has hit me. I about got knocked off an overpass when an F250 hit my Nissan Sentra because he didn't pay attention to when he was supposed to get off the interstate. I was almost hit by a car when they ran me off the road on my motorcycle because they didn't see me. Have I had my fair share of tickets? Of course! Who hasn't?? What happened to your buddy was unfortunate but don't dare categorize me in the same category as the person who hit him.

As far as you saying you are glad I don't live around here, let me harp on you guys not from here for a minute. First, your dumbass drivers from Arkansas and all these other midwestern states where the speed limit is 60 on the interstates, when on the way to my beautiful city of Gulf Shores (the beach!) where I live cause so many traffic jams and accidents because 1. they don't know how to drive through a tunnel at the posted speed limit of 70 mph 2. refuse to drive on a bridge over water at the posted speed limit of 70 mph and 3. crawl down the road while it is raining and end up rear ending someone because they don't know how to drive. All of this occurring while they are rubber necking, checking their maps, taking pictures, and pointing things out to their kids in the back seat.

You say watch out for me. I say watch out for you. I'm over my speed addiction which got me those 3 tickets I received.

So, Odimus, how many accidents have you been involved in where you were the cause and how many tickets have you had over your driving record?

Oooo and lets not forget to mention the freakin wheelie you are cutting in your picture. Let me elaborate on all the men I've had to take pictures of splattered all over the road because they are stunting and racing on the roads or the cars they rearended because they were hauling *** and couldnt stop.

Since we're all being hypocrites here let me post you a reminder of what you will look like once you wreck stunting. Enjoy! Wait... this is where I'm supposed to add the line "I'm glad I don't live around you, I'd be scared to be on the road". Oooo I'm shakin in my steel toe boots.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Odimus
So never say never and once agian I glad I am up here and you are down there
Thank God..I'd hate to have to keep my pimp hand strong.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

too funny!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

muah! :d