Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

25 year sentance for a guy that killed a biker!

Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Love you too Chiksta! Some advice to the forum, do not argue with the Chiksta, you will never win!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member

So who are you to say its ok to make mistakes with others family When you can just pull over. and you say your highly intelligent

Old 08-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
We'll just have to see about that. On that note, some innocent person or family may pay the price for the one driver error you make because you are human and make mistakes. Don't throw statistics at me when you are just as vunerable to the same scenarios as I am.

Oh an btw,

When I wake up in the morning, I **** excellence. Its hard being me!

Love ya Worlok! hehe
Sure, accidents happen, some can't be avoided. But when you knowingly reduce your ability to avoid them by 23 times, that's a big difference. Note that it's not twice as likely. Or five or ten TIMES as likely, but TWENTY THREE TIMES as likely to be the cause of an accident. Have fun looking little Johnny's parent's in the eye after you run over him and his bicycle because you were "'lol'ing" your girlfriend.

You obviously know exactly what you are doing, risks and all, and have made a conscious choice about it. Not much more to be said, is there?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't drink, take meds or even drive if I'm too tired. Good people don't add that to the equation. PERIOD!!!

2 years ago I was on a jury for 4 days that dealt with this exact same situation. I got zero tolerance for anyone who drives while under any influence. And I got less tolerance for anyone who tries to justify said influence.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member

P.S. if someone killed my family because they were drunk, prison would be the only safe place for them. You can take that to the bank my friends.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Right on Deejer!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

All I have to say is that there is a 77% chance of arriving safely. The benefits clearly outweigh the risks more than 4x over the mere 23% "chance".

If a doctor told you your problems would be remedied by an operation with a 77% success rate, I'd assume you would take the 77% chance and disregard the 23% failure rate.

People only want to ignore the other side of the story when their statistic benefits the point they are trying to prove and only then the statistic is skewed because the test group is likely to be the ones in favor of the subject being opposed to. Go figure.

I guess the point I am trying to make here is that just being here breathing you take a chance every second you live your life and some risks are calculated and others are just plain stupid. There are too many variables with any risk to characterize everyone into one group. Not everyone reacts the same to every situation.

I have a good one for you guys, I used to be in law enforcement. I've had guys who had ZERO reaction to pepper spray. Heck, I'd be over there choking and slobbering all over myself while the guy I just sprayed is licking it off his face. The fact of the issue is you are entitled to your own opinion and lifestyle choices but it is not plausible to group an entire population based off a skewed control group.

The end, I'm done with this debate. Lets move on to the next topic of discussion.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Whoah......ok first of all chick, you are totally wrong in all of your examples and analysis. We all share the road with a variety of people doing stupid things. But for someone to do something that is not only stupid but illegal, the discussion is over. There will be two groups, those of us who don't like it, and will fight tooth and nail to stop it and those who try and make up excuses for those who do and in some cases are themselves offenders as well.

When someone you care about is hurt or worse, you will fall into the first category..

Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

For someone who claims to be so smart, you sure do make some questionable points.

Let's take texting and break down this "skill" while driving. One of the reasons people are so dangerous driving while texting is because they are constantly taking their eyes off the road. Many times for over 5 seconds at a time while they find their place and keep reading / pressing buttons - eyes looking down or focused 2 feet in front of them, totally oblivious to what is happening up ahead for that time. I'm sure you've heard about the 2 second rule when following in traffic, that's because that's generally how long it takes to react to event in front of you and make an avoidance maneuver. Well guess what having your eyes off the road for 5 seconds does, not even looking at the road ahead for 5+ seconds?

So no matter how fast you think your reaction time is, you must first see the event in order to react. If you aren't looking, you won't see it so you can't possibly even react. That's why you see so many people die at intersections when the person texting behind them fails to notice the light is red and just plows right into them from behind.

You aren't going to "win" this debate. And the fact that you have tried to make some of the seriously inane points here throws a lot of things into question, especially since you talk about how smart you are. Does the same thing translate over to "how good a driver" you are, too? One has to wonder. People generally think very highly of their abilities when in reality they are very average, or even below average. Based on how you've presented yourself here, I would have to put you in the latter category. Sorry to be so harsh, but someone had to say it.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

OK Chiksta, points well taken, but why would you want to text while driving when a blue tooth would be much easier, and probably safer to boot. I dont know why but I hate texting, and if I tried that while driving, I would kill somebody for sure.
Since you have a higher than average IQ, it is probably very easy for you to do. But we at KF love you and care for you, and never want to see you harmed. We cherish and need all of our beloved members, so we always try to guide them in the correct moral direction. We also care about the public and the safety of all people. We try to always look at the big picture, and try to convince our members ( our family ) to at least think about the right thing to do in any given situation in order to preserve the lives of our fellow human beings.
And too, you are a friggin women and most of them could't drive a Radio Flyer wagon through a airplane hanger without bumping to fock into something. And if you get in a wreck texting, I am gonna come down there and kick your stubborn ***!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 25 year sentance for a guy that killed a biker!