Lowering Linkage

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Lowering Linkage

Anyone know where to get a lowering linkage for my 96 ZX7R?? I tried looking up under parts unlimited and a few others and did not see any. Looking to lower it 1.5 to 2 inches.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lowering Linkage

i'm making a set for a buddy. i already have a 3-way link on mine..
might i interest you in a set?

three position dogbone link. 6061 aluminum, adjustable from stock height to about a 2.5" or so drop.. the bike in my sig is as low as yours will sit.

iff not, i may be able to find you a set..

Old 04-23-2008, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Jim,
I am interested in the lowering kit. Let me know how long it will take you to make it and what kind of price I am looking at. I have a few other friends who might be interested in the same thing. Hook me up and I will hok you up. Please respond to my e-mail @:

C.Hernandez5972@comcast.net

Chris H.

By the way: I like the way you bike is sitting. Didi you lower the bars on the tripple clamps or is it just lowered in the back?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:17 AM
1st Gear Member

its lowered front and back. dropped thru the clamp.

ok. prices.. i'm lookin at links on protekk.com, and i'm seeing alot of $54. a - set type numbers..
theres NOT alot into these to warrant that.

i'm thinkin $30. a set.. sound good?

i don't know what shipping would be tho.. i'm sure it won't be much.

i can send them to ya raw, or have them iridited. thats a chemical coating process similar to anodizing... produces a class 1a coating (.001" thick.)
thy'll be a yellowish gold color, but the iridite chromate coating isn't very strong.. it's just there for oxidation protection, and if you wanna paint or powedercoat them.

i can not anodize at this time, but in the future i hope to be able to do this in-house.

i can slap a coat of spray paint on them, but for a little more, i can spray them withgood paint or have them powdercoated.

as far as polished, i dunno if i'd suggest it.. the rule to polished aluminum is never polish wheat ya can't clean.. these things get overlooked alot, so they'll oxidize after a while if they're polished.. but, i can polish them too if ya want..lol

( tht is, if you're **** about cleaning your bike and all the little parts..)

material will be 6061 T6511

either way, thanks for your consideration, and i guess i'll shoot ya an e-mail as well..lol

Old 04-24-2008, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool deal man. I got your e-mail. So around $30 is what your saying. Thos will look like the dog bone and bolt right on correct? If so let me know how long it will be and the total cost for shipping. I want them raw nothing painted. Cant see them anyways. Hope to hear from you soon

Old 04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
1st Gear Member

cool man. got your email. so 30 for the dog bones correct. Let me know total cost on them with shipping and i will get back to you

Old 04-25-2008, 08:58 AM
1st Gear Member

thats correct.. i'll try to get em knocked out this weekend.. hopefully friday afternoon, if works not busy..lol thats where my CNC access is.. gotta find an open machine.

and yes sir, you're correct. they'll bolt right in. shipping should be uber cheap.. no box.. i'll use a shipping envelope instead..

i'll select your metal, technically today..lol.. since it's 5:00 am right now.. and i'll get em made up a.s.a.p. so i can at least weight them..

call me at any time with questions bro..

Old 04-26-2008, 06:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Name:  links.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  60.0 KB

here they be.. need polished up a tiny bit after machining.. metal was thicker than what you can get away with for the lenght of the stock bolts, so i had to knock off about .120 from it, and the shell mill chattered in the middle, but other than leaving a slightly wavy finish (which won't be there after tomorrow..) they're done. i'll get em weighed and get a shipping esimtate to ya.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

right on bro. Let me know what shipping is. My address
C.Hernandez at comcast dot net

hit me there and i will send you the money. thanks agin