Should I sell? NO WAY! She's Staying!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Should I sell? NO WAY! She's Staying!!

Iam at a dilemma? Which bike should I keep and which one should I sell? My 03 has a lot of goodies on it and I have had it since it was almost a new born (51 miles). The 05 I will be building is an ex racebike frame with a salvage title but straight/ undamaged. My 03 is too nice to thrash at the track but I want to do trackdays. The 05 will be a great trackday bike but I'd like to ride it on the street too. One has got to go. Can't justify/ afford both. Plus my wife is starting to enjoy going on rides and we just got back from Missouri on my 03. It was an Iron Butt marathon.

Help me Superman!

I have Chosen!; I'm Keeping my 03 for the streetand the 05 for the track!!

Thanks for all the support![8D]

Old 08-24-2007, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Which bike should I keep/ sell?

dude that 03 is one of akind, if you do sell it you better get some bank on it, plus think of it this way if you sell the 03 and you are going to make a track bike out of the 05 then what are you going to ride on the street, i know the track is fun and all but you gotta ride otherwise

Old 08-24-2007, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member

what did you impregnate your carbon with on your pipe? i have some extra carbon but im out of epoxy, and where did you get the stuff you used

Old 08-24-2007, 04:19 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

I am at a dilemma? Which bike should I keep and which one should I sell? My 03 has a lot of goodies on it and I have had it since it was almost a new born (51 miles). The 05 I will be building is an ex racebike frame with a salvage title but straight/ undamaged. My 03 is too nice to thrash at the track but I want to do trackdays. The 05 will be a great trackday bike but I'd like to ride it on the street too. One has got to go. Can't justify/ afford both. Plus my wife is starting to enjoy going on rides and we just got back from Missouri on my 03. It was an Iron Butt marathon.

Help me Superman!
Keep both. Sounds like you are in a no lose situation. '03, good ride, goodies on the ride, and the wife and you enjoy the Iron Butt runs, no racing expected. The '05, racing only with no qualms if you fall down and the wife is backing you up 100% because she loves the Iron But runs on the '03.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member

lol thats great

Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member

KEEP EM BOTH!!!! RESIST!!!!

I'd keep the 03, that's prob because that's the year I've had and I've had mine since she was born (~2 miles) and they look the meanest...

Old 08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

keep both, sell the wife j/k lol

Old 08-24-2007, 04:36 PM

Obvious solution is... sell the wife's car.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sup_uni

what did you impregnate your carbon with on your pipe? i have some extra carbon but im out of epoxy, and where did you get the stuff you used
I bought he Carbon Sleeve on ebay a while back and got the FMF Q Offroad exhaust tip. The sleeve is made very well. I think it is made by Borla. Sorry I couldn't offer any morehelp/ info.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sup_uni

dude that 03 is one of akind, if you do sell it you better get some bank on it, plus think of it this way if you sell the 03 and you are going to make a track bike out of the 05 then what are you going to ride on the street, i know the track is fun and all but you gotta ride otherwise
I was going to make the 05 dual purpose; street & track capable. It's a more comfortable ride on the streetalso.

Quick Reply: Should I sell? NO WAY! She's Staying!!