Should I sell? NO WAY! She's Staying!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Which bike should I keep/ sell?

Just FYI: The Triumph motors can't hold up to racing, especially an endurance race.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

You have any backup to that statement? Just curious. I passed up a sponsorship 6 yrs ago to ride a Triumph, not a full deal either don't get me wrong, but at that time I did not think that the ride would be competitive. Now this longevity issue? I know that the Ducs were dieing on the track in '92 with case issues. What's the scoop speed?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Um the Triumph is very reliable I have one on the street and it doesnt use any more oil than my **** does. Also Triumph only does this deal over here in the UK and not the states I checked it out, its because they want more of there bikes in British championships than what they have. I wouldnt race the Triumph in endurance racing only short track such as MRO or BSS but I'm at least 2 years away from going up to BSS. The Triumph is also the only company that I have seen have a full kit out for there bike such as cams, exhaust, trumpets, valves, ecu, and they all work together and are tested every time they are out on track with Paul Young. So to answer your question yes it is a very good deal. lol

Old 08-29-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I read that the Triumph 675's engine can't hold up to racing abuse in the World Supersport Races. I will have to find that article again but the 675 is the bike I was referring to. Also, there weren't a lot of aftermarket parts availble. Don't get me wrong, I love that bike; I think it looks awesome and got great reviews on it's performance in all of the magazines.

Kawasaki has Racing Kit Parts available to the publicfor all of their Supersport (ZX6R, ZX10R)bikes also.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 PM

Yes I know that Kawsaki has a racing parts list, but none of them are made inconjuntion with each other. This is a whole kit that Triumph has come out with that has everything you will need for some massive power. Then why is Paul Young doing so well this year is British Supersport and why is the one make series of Triumph Triple Cup doing so well with no retirements do to mechanical failure. Bikes are going to break when getting tune to the **** but stock for stock the Triumph will take the **** any day of the week on the track. Have you looked at the race kit for the Triumph I mean it has everything the exhaust is made by Arrow specifically for the Triumph race kit, it even shows you where to grind off for more flow and better power. And you can talk to Paul Young at BSB meetings and you can even talk to him on Triumph675.net to help you with your problems. I mean there is so much more out there then what people actaully think.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That's great to hear that.I guessI shouldn't believe everything I read in the magazines. They have been wrong before. Some of these editors think that they are gods gift to motorcycling and their oppinion is the only one that counts/ is correct. I remember the Master Bike Shootout 2006 or 2007in one of the magazines and the 675 almost beat all the other bikes from 600 to 1000 cc's. The top 3 were the MV Agusta, ZX10R & the 675. The 675 only lost by a second or two. It was animpressive Shootout.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

When I see better availability on parts then that would be considered. The 675 is a nice ride, and yet I see more Duc 1098's.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I have Chosen!; I'm Keeping my 03 for the streetand the 05 for the track!!

Thanks for all the support![8D]

Just having so much fun with this bike. Everyday I love it more!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahahaha, congrats on the decision!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thank's; I feel good with that decision!

Quick Reply: Should I sell? NO WAY! She's Staying!!