PROBLEMS...PLEASE TAKE A LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Default PROBLEMS...PLEASE TAKE A LOOK

Whats up everyone,
I have a problem that is putting me out of commission for two weeks now and it really sucks. I was hoping you guys would be able to help out or direct me in any way possible. I have a 2005 zx6R. Upgrades are two brother exhaust, power commander, intergrator, and euro style turn signals. The reason I bring that up is maybe this has something to do with it. Now whats going on is the 15 amp fuse to my ECU keeps blowing! I traced down all of the wires that I could see, and I found nothing frayed or grounding out on the frame. Has anyone experienced a problem like this??? From what I hear theres really no way to test the actual ECU itself...and I hope its not that because they arerather pricey...And if it is the ECU should I go with a aftermaket one or stock? Please....help the little boy find his lost puppy.
Thanks,
Steve

Old 05-18-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PROBLEMS...PLEASE TAKE A LOOK

How long after you installed you after market stuff did you start having this problem? Double check all grounds. I have the same stuff done to my 06 and more and no problem wit the fuses blowing. If it is the ECU by the racing ECU.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Had all this done for about a year now with no problems....

Old 05-19-2007, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

You have a bad frame ground or a bad harness ground. Get a manual and double check all the ground on the frame & harness plugs. Is it possible that when you installed all the stuff, you may have pinched a wire between a bracket or something? It may have taken this long to wear. chaff through and is shorting the fuse.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Do your homework. +1^

Old 05-19-2007, 05:48 AM

yup your grounding out some where

Old 05-20-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

All of my wiring issues with my trucks have been due to ground. That is always where I start now.

IF you think it might be some of your after market items, start pulling them 1 at a time then all of them and see if the probloms go away. If it is still present with everything removed, you may have to take it in to the shop.

Good luck!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on checking the grounds. if that doesn't help i would try and taking off the aftermarket equipment intill you find the reason then you'll know why it's blowing the ecu fuse. if that doesn't help i would go with the racing ecu likemike said. then you'll be really impressed with your bike.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

You may want to check for wires touching your exhaust also; The exhaust could have melted through the plastic & wiresunder your seat. They may be resting against the pipe, melted & shorted to ground.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I would get my meter out, and check the connections wire for wire. Ohm out the harness. be sure you don't have a dead short.

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS...PLEASE TAKE A LOOK