Pain in the **** zx6r...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by joe sprocket
pain in the ****?? umm, it's not a goldwing dude. ALL sportbikes are like that. use your legs to grip the tank and use your back to hold you up. you don't wanna have all of your weight on your wrists while you are driving.
I used to ride a Honda CBR, in comparison, this one makes my wrists hurt. I think a 2 inch lift on the handlebars would do the job.

mmm.... I think I'm gonna go with the heli bars.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

What the heck, I'll give it a shot but I'm gonna wait until after my first service is done on this bike...

Old 07-02-2009, 04:35 PM

I had the same problem when I bought my 06. I found that the brake and clutch lever were too high. So I adjusted them right down which in turn brings your fingers forward and straightens your wrists up as much as they can on a sports bike. Don't know if you've already tried this if so then maybe bars is the next step. It certainly worked for me, won't pretend I don't get sore but only after a couple of hours now where as before it was after about 20 minutes. Good Luck!!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dave80h
I had the same problem when I bought my 06. I found that the brake and clutch lever were too high. So I adjusted them right down which in turn brings your fingers forward and straightens your wrists up as much as they can on a sports bike. Don't know if you've already tried this if so then maybe bars is the next step. It certainly worked for me, won't pretend I don't get sore but only after a couple of hours now where as before it was after about 20 minutes. Good Luck!!
That is a really good idea.... I think I'm gonna go home and tilt the brake and clutch a little bit and see how that works. I'll let you know if it helped.
I love easy fixes that dont cost anything....
Thanks!!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dave80h

yuppers, and then after setting up your suspension, you may find that the front is too soft which alters the geometry, as in placing more weight on the wrists.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:52 AM
1st Gear Member

when riding keep your wrist straight...some riders will keep their wrist bent on the throttle...like mentioned earlier legs and back should be doing most of the supporting...

Old 07-04-2009, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Odimus
when riding keep your wrist straight...some riders will keep their wrist bent on the throttle...like mentioned earlier legs and back should be doing most of the supporting...
For short trips this does help, however I have family and friends in upstate NY. I usually make this trip from NJ to upstate NY at least once a month. 5hrs by car, havent yet attempted this on my motorbike. That being said I'm really considering the Heli Bars (risers). The only risk with this is, I spend about $300 and it doesnt make much of a difference....
However from all the suggestions I've received I think for a more permanent solution, heli bars or vortex would do the job.

I appreciate ur input.

Thanks.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 AM

move your clutch and break lever down more to the floor and how heavy is your helmet that could also be a prob for your neck