Need new part and or help :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Default Need new part and or help :D

Hello, im farely new to the forums, i was actually curious on what i should do.

I had a minor incident on my bike, and i wipe'd on it before i had install'd the sliders (oops) but anywhos' a few plastic parts are broken and im not sure were or what to do to replace em. The local dealer is not an option, i would like to install them myself(doesnt seem to hard, and im fairly intelligent with some stuff) but im not able to find the specific part number or advice on what to do.

I also have a question regarding my chain and the lower "plastic" part of the body. Im sorry if im bad with the terms, i dont know em off the top of my head, but that doesnt mean you cant flame away if you dont want to, some people get a feeling of gratitude from it. [:@]

anyway, what do the pro's recommend besides selling my bike, or switcing to a honda?!

ive attached the photo and also will supply a link below to view the pics.

Dirty Chain
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...irtychain1.jpg

Lower Plastic Body
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...asticpart1.jpg

Side Shot
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...=sideshot1.jpg

Thanks and i definitly appreiciate any advice/flamer's comments lol

~Matt

Old 05-03-2008, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Need new part and or help :D

well i'm not gonna flame ya cause i don't really know the "proper" terminology for the lower fairing that you are talkin about...ooops i dropped a hint lol. u can buy a chain cleaning kit from the stealership for a reasonable price, i would check it out. as far as plastics i would try ebay first of all, then places like www.bikebandit.com. at bikebandit u can choose if u want OEM (factory) stuff or aftermarket which is nice. good luck and keep us posted on what u decide on

Old 05-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Default RE: Need new part and or help :D

I just woke up and I'm too tired to describe the removal process I would recommend requesting a copy of the service manual for it. It shows you step by step how to remove the fairings and also how to perform any maintenance you would need to as well as troubleshoot any problems you may come across. Before buying parts from anywhere, I ALWAYS check ebay. For example my fuel pump went 'bad'. The dealership wanted $342.99 for a new one! I got one slightly used on ebay for $60 shipped. Well good luck in finding your fairing and happy trails.