Just ordered some parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Just ordered some parts

Well, I just ordered the Stage 1 jet kit and K&N filter. I've got some other things I can't order online such as a spark plug cap (I broke mine a few months ago, it's being held together with electrical tape) some screws for the float chamber on my carbs (whoever worked on it before me stripped 3 of the screw heads and I had to create slots for a flathead) and the Akropovic pipe once I get the money. I'm buying it all a piece at a time so I stay motivated and don't spend the money on other stuff instead of the bike. I also need to find a place that will actually order the exhaust for me since no one actually stocks an akropovic race exhaust for a 99 zx-6r. Hmmmm, maybe when I do the jet kit I'll take lots of pictures and make a DIY post for everyone else.. Obviously it wouldn't be the same for other bikes, but people would get a general idea. Either way, I'm geeked and excited again about my bike even though it's too damn cold to ride right now.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just ordered some parts

I just did the same jet kit this spring...it isn't too hard. But you will like the results.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

The only thing I'm not sure about is where to find the screws to adjust the mixture in the carbs. I don't even see it in the microfiche, or maybe I just don't know I'm looking at it. You said you have the same bike as me, so I bet you could tell me if I'm right. I did see a little hole that looks like it's for an awl and maybe that's the cover to pop off to get to the screw. It's not inside the float chamber, but right outside underneath it (depending on how you're looking at it) by the float chamber cover. Does that sound about right or am I totally off base?

Edit: I just looked at the guide dynojet provides on the website. It is where I suspected. All is well. hehe Although, it seems as though there isn't supposed to be a hole there until it's drilled out. I'm wondering what kind of work the previous owner did on the bike that he needed to change the mixture...

Edit again: I really hope dynojet provides a guide with more clearly drawn diagrams than the one in the pdf... It's horrible.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I'm wondering what kind of work the previous owner did on the bike that he needed to change the mixture...
That sign is not always a bad thing.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Deuce

The only thing I'm not sure about is where to find the screws to adjust the mixture in the carbs. I don't even see it in the microfiche, or maybe I just don't know I'm looking at it. You said you have the same bike as me, so I bet you could tell me if I'm right. I did see a little hole that looks like it's for an awl and maybe that's the cover to pop off to get to the screw. It's not inside the float chamber, but right outside underneath it (depending on how you're looking at it) by the float chamber cover. Does that sound about right or am I totally off base?

Edit: I just looked at the guide dynojet provides on the website. It is where I suspected. All is well. hehe Although, it seems as though there isn't supposed to be a hole there until it's drilled out. I'm wondering what kind of work the previous owner did on the bike that he needed to change the mixture...

Edit again: I really hope dynojet provides a guide with more clearly drawn diagrams than the one in the pdf... It's horrible.
They do not...the same $hitty pictures come with the kit