Got busted UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted today!

I think I'll take my Speed to trackdays. Too dangerous & risky on the streets. I go and ride the twisties around here but nowhere near trackday pace and don't really like to open it up with traffic around either. More chances big brother is lurking somewhere. I had a feeling that day that we were going to get a ticket. "Use the Force Luke." Should have told my buddy before we started. Oh well; lesson Learned, Again![:@]

Old 09-02-2006, 08:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I personally hate going to court. It all depends on the judges mood what the outcome's gonna be. My insurance has been high for years cause i played to much when i was younger and didn't get the easy judges. Ohh well you play you pay. Plus i don't like going to sit in the couthouse and taking vacation time from work that i could be doing something else with. Also paying the fines aint cheap.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:43 AM

thats why you gotta win man!! if you do your research and prep for it, present professionally, chances are in your favor. i havent met one cop yet in this state that let me see the radar reading on the gun. ohhhh whats that, cant show me cause you didnt lockit in? *** you pay me. oh whats that it wont lock it in so i can see it? *** you pay me. house burned down? *** you pay me. dog died? *** you pay me. no disrepect to law enforcement, i agree with everything but speeding tickets, some of us are smart enough to speed, speeding and staying ahead of the pack for the 14 years ive been driving has kept me alive and well. so when police see my bike and decide they wanna bother me, not only do i make it hell for them when they pull me over cause i know im gonna beat their asses in court, but now, if im on the insterstate i have no problems running from them, if they dare chase me, they put themselves in danger with me, and i outrun them everytime. so *** em. ok ill stop ranting now. [:@] p.s. nobody consulted me when they wrote the speed limits for a particular area, those arent my speed limits, and its not like i speed in school zones or residential areas, but when im on the main roads, and the speed limits is 45, and they pull me over and say i was doing 59 or 60, *** em. i know when its safe to speed and when its not, sorry im not supporting time in a half pay for officers to be in court, and im not supporting the county or end of the month ticket quotas. *** em!! ok, now im done ranting for real this time.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:53 PM

i havent met one cop yet in this state that let me see the radar reading on the gun. ohhhh whats that, cant show me cause you didnt lockit in? *** you pay me. oh whats that it wont lock it in so i can see it?
Hey Fury....I see u live in Alexandria. I'm down here in Prince William Co. As far as showing you the radar reading....VA law says we don't have to. If you get a LIDAR ticket...then they do have to show you. And true, it's tougher to get someone on Radar on a bike....but it's not impossible.....I've done it a few times.
Now I guess I have a different opinion on the whole flying through the area because you can because I see the other side of it....like about a month or so ago when I was onscene where some jackass was flying down the road doina wheelie and then ended up dead smacked into a tree off the side of the road. I understand you think you KNOW when you can and can't speed.....I'm sure ol' boy that hit the tree thought the same....well....up until impact anyways.
I just wanted to post a response to that since we get to see the end results of people with that mentality......a mentality that drives my insurance rates up, or causes a wreck on the road where the only victim is unfortunately not just the person riding. ANyways...thats just my two cents.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Hey marquezjc,

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have some Law Enforcement input here in the Forum. My brother-in-law work at the Coroner's and he Always tell me about rider being killed on bikes, either their fault or someone elses. I do go fast but never in the city streets. I always find a place that is wide open with no or very little traffic and isolated from critters running out in fron of you. Freeways with barriers on both sides usually. The day I got my ticket, (I had a bad feeling that that was going to happen), I was following/ chasing my friend. My detector did go off and I don't know why I didn't shut the throttle immediately which is my fault. If you Play, you gotta Pay.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:16 PM

i agree with you somewhat marquezjc, but the guy that did the wheelie and hit the tree, thats reckless driving. what i was referring to in that previous rant is being pulled over on city streets crusing at about 55 to 60 and the speed zone being 45. im from alexandria and i am located in south florida now and staying ahead of the traffic and the snowbirds etc by staying just above the speed limit keeps me safe. but im not on city streets doing 100mph or better pulling wheelies. when i want to top out i take my bike out to i75, (alligator alley a great big long straight away with nothing but swamp on either side of the road and great visibility for potential hazards) its a two lane out in the middle of the everglades here, and i run high speed out there at non peak traffic times.. usually early morning. (and i fly by alot of troopers out there sitting on the shoulders and they dont seem to care as much)now granted there is a risk, but theres always going to be a risk, and if anything should happen, there is about 75 yards of grass to go into next to the left of the fast lane, and of course i fully gear up when im riding at high speeds, and i do it when theres no one in front of me, when traffic comes up i cant do it, its like riding a perfect wave, conditions have to be just perfect to let it out. i see every motorcycle fatality that happens in the US as they are reported via google alerts. i read the numbers and the articles and reports, and regularly check sites like www.ride2die.com to keep pictures of accidents fresh in my head. please understand im not knocking law enforcement, if there were no speed limits or rules we would all have problems, but there is a time and a place to go fast. i live right on the ocean and most times im cruising 35 to 40 on the beach roads believe it or not. i get pulled over alot by rookies on monday nights who are bored and want to run my tag, etc.. its just gotten a little old for me. if i get a speeding ticket, i would like a ticket for one i deserve. i guess i just expect police to know what its like to be on a bike and wanting to stay the hell away from everyone else. so on the highways if i have to do 20 over to stay ahead im going to. id rather have the ticket and have to go to court than to be next to someone who doesnt see me and clips me or something. as far as the locking in the reading, i always hear that it cant be locked in, if it cant be locked in then i cant be expected to see it, nor can i be expected to believe it. just like police believe everyone is lying to them, i believe police are people too and depending on my attitude or their attitude that particular moment dictates how things will go as far as the citation writing process. ive had warnings, ive had "well ill just write you for this speed instead of this speed" ive even argued my way out so much that the officer wrote me a ticket for my tire being bald because he couldnt think of anything else. originally he pulled me over for speeding and running a red light? he knew i wasnt speeding, i knew it, and i know the statutes on red light running here in florida, if the light is suspected to be malfunctioning, and you wait, you can treat it like a four way stop and move through it. (this was at about 2am) seeing as how the weight pad sensors here dont detect the bike because its so light i can be waiting at lights until a car comes late at night, and waiting in a dark intersection with drunk drivers etc. pulling up on me isnt safe for me so depending on the time of day and location i will treat some lights like 4 way stops, i explained that to him and he knew i had a point so he wrote me a ticket for my tire??? come on! the tire wasnt bald either. but whatever, i see your side, i would have been a cop but i cant write people tickets. its that simple. just understand that not every guy on a sportbike thats moving at a good rate of speed doesnt have a head on his shoulders, there some of us out there that know what we are doing, know the risks, and try and calculate and do the best we can. staying ahead of everyone else has kept me alive. 14 years of driving and 0 accidents on 4 wheels and 1 bike wreck because of a gravel patch. first bike, 18 years old, wont happen again. speed is expensive, and when it comes to my life, a price tag cant be put on it. so i will speed when i need to, and police will keep writing me tickets, such as life. sorry this is so long.. im bored. good response to my post though, again im not knocking your side of it at all, i havent ever cleaned up body parts before.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:48 PM

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-18-2006, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

I got a call from that TixNix site; they want $350 for their fees alone! Yikes! Anyway, I called this attorney I found online from the Ferrari forum where I hang out because I own one (Oh, sorry, just dreaming LOL). His name is James Mallory and he covers the DFW area; $40 and they'll try to keep it off my record thru defferred adjudication. Yeehaw!

The thing is, when he tried to radar me, I was going 130. My buddy was way ahead of me and didn't even know that I was being pulled over. He pulled over to wait for me, when I and the officer pulled up behind him. I don't think that he could radar me and just made up a speed (whatever he was doing trying to catch up). I think it's difficult to get a bike with radar/ laser due to the small frontal or rear area. There aren't any flat spots to reflect the beams back. All the surfaces are angled or rounded (stealth principle). Plus there were other cars obstructing a straight shot. Who knows?
You think 350 is bad?!? I got a ticket for going 110 in a 55 (BTW anything over 100 mph on the streets is automatic jail time) got taken to jail, got bailed out with a 20 point ticket and possible 90 days in jail. Paid a lawyer $2500 to get 20 points dropped to 6 and 90 days in jail to 90 days of probation. Well worth the money and I learned a valuable lesson...speeding is retarded!

Old 09-19-2006, 03:39 AM

hayes what state are you in?

Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I got a lawyer here locally to represent me for $40. He's well known for being good with the courts/ judges.

Quick Reply: Got busted UPDATE!