Got busted UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted today!

Well, my buddy & I went to court today and we both LOST[&o]. The Cop lied thru his teeth under oath and my defense attorney (James Mallory)sucked. My buddy & I both have the same last name (Khan) and my attorney called us "The two Khan men" were travelling............ Sounds like CON MEN! That was it; Guilty as charged even before the verdict. the officer lied & said that we were riding side by side when actually there was a 1/4 mile between us. This was a technicality that we could have gotten off on. He couldn't even remember the date & time or day.So we both got tickets for going exactly the same speed at the same time. $300 and a point on the record[:@]!

I'd like to say that when the Prosecutor was pleading his case, he made ALL ofUS motorcyclists look pretty bad/ evil.(No offense Evil636) When he said to the jury: You've seen these Crotch Rockets Zipping past you on the streets & freeway at high rate of speed, all the jury members were nodding in agreement.
Sorry to say this but,we are actually doing it to ourselves and this was a small City (Mansfield, Texas)where a lot of rider go to hit the curves.

So if you get a ticket in one of those areas, either pay the fine or find something very solid against the Officer and his procedure. Time to go back to the track for speed thrills and just commute on the streets.
Or invest in some protection. Where's the radar & Lidar jammers?

Old 04-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Pay the point and be nice for a year. Sucks, but things happen. I totally agree with the track time seeming cheaper though.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

only one point?!?!?! u should feel lucky

Old 04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

There is a really good moto laywer in my area. All the riders i know always use him for everything. A person i know got busted at 120 in a 55. The ticket read 120. After the laywer was done the rider still had to pay the ticket but there was no point put on his record. My good friends brother is using the same laywer right now to sue a local kawi dealer. Long story short somthign was up with his 06zzr600 and the dealer kept telling him its fine and the motor sized up on the free way high siding him off the bike.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

There is a really good moto laywer in my area. All the riders i know always use him for everything. A person i know got busted at 120 in a 55. The ticket read 120. After the laywer was done the rider still had to pay the ticket but there was no point put on his record. My good friends brother is using the same laywer right now to sue a local kawi dealer. Long story short somthign was up with his 06zzr600 and the dealer kept telling him its fine and the motor sized up on the free way high siding him off the bike.
that's why i hate dealing with dealers, i know a great guy who owns a shop around here, everyone goes to him

keep us updated on how it goes with ur buds brother if u can

Old 04-05-2007, 07:04 PM

I have to comment on FuryofGreen's post.

See, because of those kind of words is that people don't respect us. The "I know better" attitude is what causes people to call us irresponsible.

Take your "I know better" argument and apply it to everyone around you ... that is, nobody goes by the rules but by whatever they feel is ok under their own mind frame. Result? Anarchy and the end of society.

I agree that some rules may be to intrusive, but what do you think drunk drivers "think" before jumping in their cars and killing our friends and family?

"nobody consulted me when they wrote the speed limits for a particular area, those arent my speed limits, and its not like i speed in school zones or residential areas, but when im on the main roads, and the speed limits is 45, and they pull me over and say i was doing 59 or 60, *** em. i know when its safe to speed and when its not".

Old 04-05-2007, 08:05 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Hes doing ok. He broke his foot and sprained his wrist in the get off. So he got really lucky. The bike is at a trusted local shop waiting to be torn down to help the law suit. He was wearing a mesh jacket when he went down. I was amazed how well the jacket held up.

ORIGINAL: Mott Power

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

that's why i hate dealing with dealers, i know a great guy who owns a shop around here, everyone goes to him

keep us updated on how it goes with ur buds brother if u can

Old 04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Default RE: Got busted UPDATE!

hey homie as af riend of law enforcement you can get out of the ticket he is not allowed to pull two of you ove a t the same time it is impossible to clock two people at once he is supposed to be locked when he pulls you cant b locked when there is two of you and he isnt locked he has to clone youfor over .8 miles so hope this info helps i'll also get you a wb d site with some pretty common laws remember they vary from state to state

Old 04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

PANGUI, Please forward me that information as soon as you can. I'd appreciate it. I have 10 days to appeal the case. That is new information. My Lawyer Sucked, I guess that's why he's just a ticket lawyer and not in court regularly as a defense attorney.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

that sucks about the loss speed i feel for you man, i agree with fury though, fight it and normally it will be in your favor, fight it for as long as you can i have had cops just up and give up because i have taken up to much of thier time.

if anyone is wondering here in wyoming we dont have points for the licences so we cant loose them, cops cant follow without lights on for 1 mile, or four turns i think it is.

and in any state you have the right to go to the cop shop and ask for a copy of the exact law the ticket says you broke. i have also gotten off on this kind of thing

speeding in a school zone (not during school) the sign outside the school says 20 mph when childeren are present got a ticket for going 26 at 8 pm because i guess when chileren are present means "whenever you suspect there to be school activities" guess there was a play or something. so i took it to court and argued that if that is what the law states then they should have to specifically clarify that on the sign. so the judge dropped the fine all i paid was 10$ court cost and since then they have changed every school zone sign in this city. the ticket wasnt thrown out but might as well have been since like i said there arent points in this state.

good luck speed

dont you have any twisties that have a higher speed limit, most of our mountian roads are posted 65 mph but there are those yellow signs (law verified that they are suggested speed for that turn, so you dont have to go that, you can take the 30mph marked turn at 65 and still be leagal)

Quick Reply: Got busted UPDATE!