Brain Teaser

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Default Brain Teaser

Ok Boys.

Last Friday I took my bike on a 200 mile journey in Iowa (overcast 35 mph winds and 37 degrees out). I made several stops along the way to top off the tank and run my gloves under a hand dryer in the men's room.

When I finally made it to my destination I noticed I could feel a bit of a nick (I won't say knock because I would be able to hear it coming from the engine). At first I thought it was from the slots cut in the concrete of the road because it was consistant timing but then I noticed it didn't match up with the slots. After further investigation I realized it was in perfect timing with my wheels. I can feel it as a slight nicking through my foot on my left peg more than my right (it might just be that my right foot was more frozen then my left).

I scanned front and back tires for nails and found nothing. I also looked at the wheels visually and didn't see anything lodged in them (front and back). Any ideas what is causing this sound?

I know this was not happening before I went on my hellacious journey.

Other problem is that when I turn the front wheel to the right (when stationary) I hear a snap sound that sounds like pulling back a peice of plastic and then releasing it. I looked at my plastic while I had some one turn the handles for me and did not notice anything. I'm planning on taking the plastic off soon to do a thorough cleaning. Any suggestions on where to begin checking for the noise maker?

I'll be impressed if you guys can crack this.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Brain Teaser

on the clicking, its probley a piece of wire under the upper fairing hitting the forks or in my case, the lower piece of plastic hitting the tube, that should be an easy one. check your brake lines and clutch cables too.

the nicking, hows your chain looking these days ?

Old 03-23-2008, 01:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Brain Teaser

+1 evil was right on track, i would have said the chain aswell