Anyone elses hands go numb after just a few minutes of riding?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Default RE: Anyone elses hands go numb after just a few minutes of riding?

I had this trouble one time (minus the times I ride my hubby's ZX10, then I have it shortly after getting on it). He has this problem when racing, but when you are going pretty much full throttle for 1 hour I think anyone would have a little bit of numbness.

I agree it can be riding position and the part about the back getting tired - it's like when you start working out everything is sore and tired because you aren't used to it but over time it will get stronger and used to it. It helps if you have strong ab muscles too.

The other thing is the vibration like others have mentioned. I had my tires changed and the balance on them was ****ty! My hand never hurt so bad in my entire life. I had both re-balanced with an electronic spin balancer instead of the bubble balancer that our dealership had (not anymore) and it was all good.

One other thing that comes to mind is if you are giving your throttle a death grip. I find that if I'm stressed while riding (rain, gravel, don't like the road, etc) I death grip then my hand and wrist hurt.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:11 AM

i have found that when riding to scoot my *** back and take off the weight off the wristes. also nonstock said it use your legs and back to carry your weight. when ever you go to a track school they will tell you that you have your *** too close the the tank and that you need to scoot back. it helps alot and you will find that you can turn in alot easier and getting into a tuck is alot more stream lined.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Love the link NS..... That's what I'm talking about. Perfect!! I like...

Old 07-20-2006, 07:38 AM

after 6 months of everyday riding your hands get used to it, i only feel it on long trips 300 miles or more.. rest one hand at a time for a few seconds and alternate.. it comes with the territory of aggressive riding stance.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Love the link NS..... That's what I'm talking about. Perfect!! I like...
I like the throttle control, nice to just sit up and rest your body and just roll along or ride with just the left hand. It stills slows or speeds up on hills but all in all I give it an A+.