Old 02-27-2008, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: they almost got my bike help please

ORIGINAL: deej

Do you want to borrow my alarm system?
you can borrow mine too

Old 02-28-2008, 12:34 AM

i found all those wire and put them togather everything worked but the bike will not start, iheard there is a resestor or somthing like that in the ignition that has to be connected wich sends a signal to the cdi to allow spark but i cant figure out how to bypass it. it is kawasakis anti hot wire security device so you can just cut the wires and twist them all toagther

Old 02-28-2008, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exalted512

I doubt they have any type of security that couldnt be easily bypasssed. Theres no chip or resistor in the key, so the only other thing it would be is a ground signal to a wire when the ignition is turned, or a key sense wire. If you pull the ignition off, you should have at least a constant, ignition, and starter. Hopefully you dont have more unless you can find a wiring schematic. Anyway, to test the wires, the constant should always have power, so check for that one first. Then, youd take a FUSED wire and jump it to the other wires, if your lights come on, that should be your ignition wire, if it tries to crank, that would be your starter wire. If you dont have a constant, youd take a wire straight from your battery.

I do this stuff all the time for cars/trucks, but hardly ever for bikes and unfortunately I dont have the wiring colors for our bikes. I do have wiring for a limited few other kawasakis from 97, and the general consensus is the igntion is brown/black or brown/white (brown with white stripe) and the starter is yellow/red or yellow/white. You might have to go to the starter solenoid.

Hopefully that will get you started.
-Cody
didnt know we had any fellow carjackers on kf

Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

id just get the ignition for 85 bucks, and then get it rekeyed to match your original key. or get the tank rekeyed to match the new ignition. your choice. or just keep 2 keys, 1 for the ignition and 1 for the gas.

i wouldnt start cutting into **** unless i was confident that i knew exactly what i was doing, as im sure a new wiring harness is a lot more money and time than the 85 bucks and 15 minutes it will take to swap out the ignition switches.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

also, lets post exactly how to hotwire an EX500, so then one day we may find out that he just wanted to know how to do it so he could boost that bike he has his eye on.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yeah posting info on how to hotwire bikes is kinda asking for it,imojust switch the ignition out.
ORIGINAL: dragknee

also, lets post exactly how to hotwire an EX500, so then one day we may find out that he just wanted to know how to do it so he could boost that bike he has his eye on.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

easiest way to get it off is to take off the upper yoke then unplug the ignition.

the screws that hold the switch to the yoke have the heads sheared off of them at the factory as a security feature. a theif cant simply unscrew the ignition and swap in his own and ride off... you can get them to spin using a punch and a hammer. once you get em going, you can just unscrew them with your fingers. use regular screws to put them back in... i guess you could shear the heads off if youre concerned about a theif undoing your yoke and switching ignitions.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

lol i guess thats just about the same as telling you how to hotwire it... although doing this should take 15-30 minutes or so, so if anyone is using this information for evil, hopefully the owner will catch you in those 30 minutes.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 AM

most ppl dont hot wire so i dont think we will be helping any jackers out besides if some one really wants your bike it only takes two guys one truck and about 1 min to get it. add 30 sec if its chained up

Old 03-01-2008, 04:37 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1badSRAD

i found all those wire and put them togather everything worked but the bike will not start, iheard there is a resestor or somthing like that in the ignition that has to be connected wich sends a signal to the cdi to allow spark but i cant figure out how to bypass it. it is kawasakis anti hot wire security device so you can just cut the wires and twist them all toagther
If you're getting your ignitions to power up, you can hit the starter with 12V directly.
-Cody