Hey Chris, can you help me with my cortech bags?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Default Hey Chris, can you help me with my cortech bags?

I just received my Cortech Tourmaster Tribag system, saddlebags and tailbag. I'm pretty sure they are exactly like yours, and I have some questions. I can't seem to adjust them to fit correctly. They're either too far back and sit awkwardly on the turn signals or they are too far forward and are on the passenger pegs. I think this could be remedied by raising them but the pads on the straps get all bunched up. Should I not worry about them bunching up, or even just take them off?

Also, what do you do about security? It seems like someone could very easily walk up and slip them right off the bike if I left it in a parking lot.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hey Chris, can you help me with my cortech bags?

I usually set mine just far enough back that they are touching the turn signals.
You probably just need to rip open the velcro cover directly underneath the top (trunk) bag.
To avoid the straps bunching, completely remove the trunk bag, snug the velcro straps (the ones connecting the two saddlebags) a little tighter to prevent the bags from hanging so low that they touch your footpegs.
You might have to jostle the strap cover to keep it from bunching once you've got the straps to the correct length.

Mine fit a little weird too, but after I ripped open the large velcro flap underneath the trunk bag, I never had to adjust them again. And the bags fit on my 500, my 9R and my W650 perfectly without any adjustment at all (unless you count stretching the bungee hooks.)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Peace!
-CCinC