Fairing changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Default Fairing changes

I posted this under detailing but someone suggested I put it here as well...

Basicly I want to change out the fairings on my bike (07 ex500 silver) to the 2005 blue ones. Just the front cowl and the rear/hip/side pieces. I think the blue and silver scheme will look nice. It would be cheaper then painting my silver pieces blue and give me spares just in case.

Does anyone have an idea about how much they cost? I think the front cowl is about 230. I have no clue about the two rear pieces. I have a serious addiction to the color blue and I think these few changes will give me some individuality and enough blue to make me happy. Can I just order the pieces from the dealership even thou they are two years old?

Old 03-17-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Fairing changes

You can certainly order them from any Kawasaki dealership, but it ain't gonna be cheap.
To be honest, it's a little refreshing to hear someone simply looking for a different color.
Usually it's more along these lines:
"HELP! I crashed my 500 and completely FUBARed my fairing. Where can I get one CHEEP and FAST?!?! The stealership wants like hundreds of dollars, but I don't think I should hafta pay more than 40, (and also because that's how much left I have available on my Discover card.) I know it's Spring (when every swinging-Richard is out shopping for a bike or parts), and that plastic fairing pieces are ALWAYS in demand 'cuz of other fools crashing their bikes, but where can I find replacements NOW and CHEAP (or prefereably free.)"

To be certain your dealership parts counter doesn't make any mistake, you can give them the exact part number by going to http://www.buykawasaki.com/ , clicking [OWNER INFO] and navigating to the specific year, model and part number.

If you ever rob a bank, the extra fairing can make your bike the ideal, untraceable getaway vehicle. The cops will be pulling their hair out looking for a suspect silver bike, but you've got a blue one in your garage, and a molten pool of silver plastic in your backyard.
If you suspect your dealership is taking advantage of you on the pricing, you can always compare their prices to Bikebandit.com and Ronayers.com. There's no excuse for paying too much for parts in an Information Age.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Peace!
-Chris in Carlsbad, CA [/i]

Old 03-17-2007, 12:48 PM

Thanks.

I was looking at bike bandit for pricing. There are plenty of dealers in the area and the shop we got the bikes from has been very fair so far. I just got the bike so I doubt I will look to buy the farings till later in the season. My only problem with bike bandit, was, with complete embarassment, figuring out what the rear faring pieces are technicaly called.

Having someone professionaly paint the entire bike was somewhere between 1-2k. I don't want anything fancy and have already made my own decals. I just want blue and it was suggested that I just get replacement fairings. I only want three pieces which will run under a thousand dollars. So its win win and I have spares.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Right on, having spares is always nice. Good luck