exhaust options....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default exhaust options....

i know there is the sarahuse, which some of you guys have... sound is nice!!!! and might be something I would consider!!!
and there is (i'm pretty sure, but not 100% on this name) Muzzy exhaust......

is there any other options for the 500???

what's louder, the sarahuse or muzzy?
and what the cost for both???

sarahuse is just a swap! is muzzy the same???

--------------------------------------------------------

is there anything you can do to the stock exhaust to make it louder???

--------------------------------------------------------

yeap, still the newbee questions coming your way!!!

Old 11-05-2006, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: exhaust options....

Kali,

The sarachus and muzzy's sound pretty similiar (some correct me if i'm wrong). The Sarachus are just a simple slip on, while the muzzy is a 2 to 1 system which also require the removal of the center stand. I also believe the costs are pretty similiar. I own the sarachus and they took me about 15 minutes to put on.

Your other options are D&D (Slipons), vance and vines (loudest from what i've read)

There are a few other brands, but i don't know them or anything about them (cobra i believe is another brand)

Obviously i am biased, but I would suggest the sarachus. They sound great and they are so easy to put on.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:30 PM

If you get the Sarachu system, I recommend the Full Stainless Steel (as they are stronger even though heavier than Carbon Fiber.) Life span wise, as well, the S/S will beat the C/F, IMO.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I own the c/f sarachus. They look good, but i do agree, the SS will last longer, but the CF will look good for at least 2 years if not longer.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

CHEEAPO TIPS AHEAD!

1-1/8 hole saw through the rear tips, centers pop out with a twist of a plier and deburr the hole with a stone in your drill. Gives a bit more noise, bad IMHO, but also a nice little pop in the power, always good. Also adjust your fuel/air screws, under the front of the carbs under pressed in covers,(they face down, you can drill through the side of the sleeve just above the thin covers to pop them out (but be sure you know what you are drilling!) about 2 to 2-1/2 out. If you are feeling frisky, pull the slides and cut 4 coils off the springs, also drill the vent hole in the bottom of the slide out to,,,,,I think it was 5/32, just to the edge of the slide. Gives a little more response and she will rev quicker. Jim.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jjm525

CHEEAPO TIPS AHEAD!

1-1/8 hole saw through the rear tips, centers pop out with a twist of a plier and deburr the hole with a stone in your drill. Gives a bit more noise, bad IMHO, but also a nice little pop in the power, always good. Also adjust your fuel/air screws, under the front of the carbs under pressed in covers,(they face down, you can drill through the side of the sleeve just above the thin covers to pop them out (but be sure you know what you are drilling!) about 2 to 2-1/2 out. If you are feeling frisky, pull the slides and cut 4 coils off the springs, also drill the vent hole in the bottom of the slide out to,,,,,I think it was 5/32, just to the edge of the slide. Gives a little more response and she will rev quicker. Jim.

sound good jjm!!! now a write up with pics please!!! LOL

i will see which way I want to go, not sure yet!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:42 AM

I have a D&D single tip full exhaust system. It was the cheapest thing I found. But as the saying goes u get what you pay for. Soon after it started rusting. Plus with the clamps they sent I could never get it to seal, I finally had to pay to have it welded. I am probaly going to go muzzy.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:02 AM

I was told by a saracu dealer that the carbon fiber and stainless ones weigh the same, the difference is appearance. If you take care of the carbon fiber ones they should look good longer than 2 years