Oh Lord I DroPPed iT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Oh Lord I DroPPed iT!

After all the comments about.. your gonna drop it..its not if its when! Well it happened, I was about to leave on my bike and then my dog Bruiser got out and was acting crazy so I went to put the kickstand down so I could catch himand then I went to put my other foot on the ground and that stupid rubber on the peg caught my jeans and I stumbled and the bike came falling over. OMG I just knew that with it falling over on gravel that it was going to be all scratched up but luckily there isn't a scratch on it... prolly cause my leg broke the fall but all is well! That rubber on those pegs is a hazard!!! I can't find replacements anywhere but I'm still looking. Oh and I just thought that bike was light , I was wrong!!!!! It took all I had to stand it back up! Anyway to everyone else that says awww I'll never drop my bike, yeah it's going to happen!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Oh Lord I DroPPed iT!

Are you talking about those little rubber-covered peg things sticking out from the bottom of the footpegs? I removedthose last night because it caught my jeans leg yesterday morning on the way to work. I'm not sure whattheir purpose is, but all it managed to do is render me unable to change gears.

Glad your didn't get any damage (beyond a bruised leg?).

Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

f the bike right away, it's good you didn't get hurt especially if the bike is heavierr than u expected. i'm glad it didn't pin you by the leg or anything. it's good the bike is alright too, i'm already geared up mostly so i'm prepared to fall. i already know it'll happen either in a turn w gravel or when some cage hits me.....most likely the latter being it's bout happened a few times now.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Glad you were not hurt too bad. Sounds like someone needs to start a class action suit on the pegs. And good for you for being able to pick up the bike. If you're gonna ride, the first rule is you have to be able to pick up your own bike. And finally, one of my friends that lives across the street has a dog named bruiser. Good times. Hes a yorkie. Not a big fan of yorkies, but whatever.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member

wow deej that was...insightful

jk bro just messing with ya

Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I know after reading what I posted, It sounded like one of those "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy. Here is an example, sorry for the thread jack.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

ok one more[8D]

Most of the time it was probably real bad being stuck down in a dungeon. But some days, when there was a bad storm outside, you'd look out your little window and think, "Boy, I'm glad I'm not out in that." Good stuff right there.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

lol who u callin drunk jack!?!?!? i'm not drunk i'm maintianing [8D]

Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

well you've got it out of the way now. glad your ok!

Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Now the fear is gone!
Good to hear your OK, and just be thankfull you didnt drop it in snow or going 80mph. Both of those sucked, hard...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

a friend of mine just got her 150cc moped and about wiped out the first night when i was riding with her. we told her it was gonna happen eventually and i think that scared her cuz she hasn't rode since. bought the ped, rode it home, up n down the street a little that night, put it away. hasnt touched it since cuz i think she's scared to fall or just 'thought' a bike would be cool.

glad your still tough enough to get back on and have at it!

Quick Reply: Oh Lord I DroPPed iT!