ebay.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Default RE: ebay.......

nvmd the last post........i won this bike..........it's $3049........should i buy it or bail and just get a new 250??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEBI%3AIT

Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 PM

what do you guys think, i just checked a suzuki gs500 on andrews cycles, price 3999, i asked after taxes and assembly fees he said it would be 5400, i said whattt, f that.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

nvmd the last post........i won this bike..........it's $3049........should i buy it or bail and just get a new 250??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEBI%3AIT

it's yours now!!! lol

it's a clean bike, and a whole lot cheaper than a new 500... i say go check it out. If it's clean and runs good. Take it..it's a good deal..and congrats on the new bike!!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

it's yours now!!! lol

it's a clean bike, and a whole lot cheaper than a new 500... i say go check it out. If it's clean and runs good. Take it..it's a good deal..and congrats on the new bike!!
haha, im weary of stuff on ebay, especially used stuff, i just don't wanna go buy it then a week or two later find something wrong with it ya know what i mean. that's why i ask should i just bail not buy it and f ebay and get teh 06 250, or should i get the bike i'm just being paranoid.

Old 04-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Don't worry about it!!!! The bike is coming from a good seller!! Worst case scenario: You get it and 2 weeks later, boom!! engine blows!! Hell, it's still covered under warranty!!

Low miles, reputable seller, it's close by, go drive it!! It's a good bike!! Just get it, and you will be happy.. it's kinda like havin' sex for the first time!! you're a little nervous, but just do it!!! lol lol

Old 04-20-2006, 06:32 AM

Don't worry about it!!!! The bike is coming from a good seller!! Worst case scenario: You get it and 2 weeks later, boom!! engine blows!! Hell, it's still covered under warranty!!

Low miles, reputable seller, it's close by, go drive it!! It's a good bike!! Just get it, and you will be happy.. it's kinda like havin' sex for the first time!! you're a little nervous, but just do it!!! lol lol
haha, yea the bike i won doesn't have a warranty, adn he made a couple mods to it (muzzy exhaust, took of decals, not sure what else) only 2100 miles on it though so he couldn't of ****ed anything up that bad if he did. i guess i can't help but be weary on used products especially on ebay. i guess i could take gotrice over and have him ride it around to see how she rides or check it out since he knows what to look for and all that, and if something does come up, tell the guy to f himself.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Do you know what one word to say to make 70 old people say "oh ****" at the exact same time??

BINGO!!!! lol lol lol!! If GR would do that for ya, that would be a sweet deal!!

Old 04-20-2006, 07:41 AM

here is one around pittsburgh......... http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/152169302.html and one around erie....... http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/150135091.html who would of thought getting a first bike would be so hard/take so long. uhhhhh

Old 04-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

The zx6 looks like a pretty sweet bike. I like that style..... Stay away from the suzuki. A friend of mine has one almost just like it, and it's just not all that. The fit/finish is not very nice, underpowered, yuck.....

I still say get the one you got at auction. Go buy and check it out. It's the same thing as responding to a want ad. Originally you wanted a 250, and now you have the chance to get a 500, at a good price, clean bike.... I say get the 500. It will still be a good bike to learn on, but you won't outgrow it either...... take tomorrow off of work, and go get it..... You will be a happy man.

do it, do it!!!!! Give me your bosses phone #, and i will call in sick for ya.... Do you want me to go there and pick it up for ya??? lol lol.... Go drive it tomorrow. You will end up buying it, and you will have enough money left over to get some gear and insurance!!

Old 04-20-2006, 08:30 AM

The zx6 looks like a pretty sweet bike. I like that style..... Stay away from the suzuki. A friend of mine has one almost just like it, and it's just not all that. The fit/finish is not very nice, underpowered, yuck.....

I still say get the one you got at auction. Go buy and check it out. It's the same thing as responding to a want ad. Originally you wanted a 250, and now you have the chance to get a 500, at a good price, clean bike.... I say get the 500. It will still be a good bike to learn on, but you won't outgrow it either...... take tomorrow off of work, and go get it..... You will be a happy man.

do it, do it!!!!! Give me your bosses phone #, and i will call in sick for ya.... Do you want me to go there and pick it up for ya??? lol lol.... Go drive it tomorrow. You will end up buying it, and you will have enough money left over to get some gear and insurance!!
i would like you, or got rice, or whoever lives near me to go check it out with me and if it's a good bike, since you guys would be able to tell anything noticably wrong with it, and if not i would buy it there, i have like 7 or 8 more days before they "give me a bad feedback" for not buying it. so you're saying that ninja 500 with 2k miles on it and costs $3100 is worth buying. hopefully got rice or whoever else on the forum that lives near me will go with me to pick it up, it's like 60 miles or something from me in ohio, which kinda sucks cause im gonna hafta get a new plate, new inspection, etc. thoughts guys, thoughts, im an extremely picky person not only that but very paranoid. i think ill buy this bike and a month later it will totally be jacked up.........HELP!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: ebay.......