Comfort and highway milage

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Comfort and highway milage

Hahaha! 400 pound Harley guy saying a 250R can't accelerate well![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

It's strange to think of a Harley and import dealership being under the same roof.[&:]

Old 08-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

The 250 still sounds nice. Have the sales guy throw in a kxf 450. Both rides will fit your needs.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:47 AM

I am going on a 400 mile trip and campout 2 nights and 1 day. I have a brand new 1250S,or I could take my sons Z14 or my grandsons ST3 but in stead I am taking my new 250 Ninja. The biggest problem I have had with it for the week I have owned it, is keeping my son and grandson off of it and that is starting to be a real problem.
This little bike will shock you, and you will find it is not just a beginners bike but instead a seriously fun bike. I have added risers to the handel bars ( a must have), Gel grips and Pro oiler.
I got this bike to run to the store and back, never dreaming of using it for anything else, now it is my main ride.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

1+

The 250 is definitely a fun little bike which also happens to be very functional.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Oldone

I am going on a 400 mile trip and campout 2 nights and 1 day. I have a brand new 1250S,or I could take my sons Z14 or my grandsons ST3 but in stead I am taking my new 250 Ninja. The biggest problem I have had with it for the week I have owned it, is keeping my son and grandson off of it and that is starting to be a real problem.
This little bike will shock you, and you will find it is not just a beginners bike but instead a seriously fun bike. I have added risers to the handel bars ( a must have), Gel grips and Pro oiler.
I got this bike to run to the store and back, never dreaming of using it for anything else, now it is my main ride.
What is the Pro Oiler?

Old 08-12-2007, 02:56 PM

A Pro-Oiler, oils your chain by using a pump that is metered by your speed. It only works when you are moving and it really ends chain maintanance or as close to it as possible, plus it holds slinging down to a very minimum. It is the most advanced system I have come across as of yet. it also has a dual dispensor.

If it is chain drive-I will have a pro oiler.

I am now working on how to produce more vacume on a 250. I want a true cruse control and the 250 doesnt produce enough vacume to handle a true cruise control.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I have heard of the chain oiler (never looked into it), post pics!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 AM

I am not very computer savy and my son has the camera in Florida. He will be back next week and I will ask him to post some here for I think you will like it. My camera is like me, quite old and uses a floppy disk for film and the quality is pretty poor. I have two pictures on a floppy and I am going to try to put one of them in a post for I want to try to learn how.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

Hahaha! 400 pound Harley guy saying a 250R can't accelerate well![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

It's strange to think of a Harley and import dealership being under the same roof.[&:]
They sell Harley, Buell, and Kawasaki. Strangely, they had no Buell Blasts at the dealership.

After talking with "she who must be obeyed", the silver 250 is the front runner. She is worried about me being run over in Houston traffic, and I'm reminding her that the riding skills I learn on teh 250r will come in very handy on the Gold Wing that she wants us to get in a few years.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Oldone

A Pro-Oiler, oils your chain by using a pump that is metered by your speed. It only works when you are moving and it really ends chain maintanance or as close to it as possible, plus it holds slinging down to a very minimum. It is the most advanced system I have come across as of yet. it also has a dual dispensor.

If it is chain drive-I will have a pro oiler.
Did you install the pro-oiler yourself or have the dealer do it? How long did it take to install?

Quick Reply: Comfort and highway milage