New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

What kinda of oil- full synth- or natural

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Default What kinda of oil- full synth- or natural

Hey I'm new to using the 4 cyclinder DOHC motors of the zx-6 and zx-6rr. And i'm wondering what kind of oil is better to use. Full synthethic or natural oil. Or does kawasaki have their own brand. I figured they would since they have their own racing team. Also how much price difference is there between the two. Once again for helping out the nooblar.... Oh wait i just thought of another question. I was looking for some after market stuff for the zx-r and i found a scott's stablizer, are stablizers worth getting for sports bikes. My friend had one on his dirt bike yamaha, but since dirt bike and sports bike riding conditions are different i was wonder is the extra hundred dollars worth it.

here is the link for the stablizerz

Old 08-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Default RE: What kinda of oil- full synth- or natural

Well, I have a ninja 250 (2 cyl twin DOHC) and for the first oil change I went from the stock oil - all natural 10W-40 to a full synthetic 10W-50. The difference was beyond noticeable. Not so much acceleration, but how quickly the engine would rev and the clutch engaged was directly affected and it was for the positive. If your intent is for gaining a pickup boost I would say go synthetic. If you're intention is as a daily driver, I would say go synthetic. It's much nicer on the high revving engine. You may also want to consider a synthetic/natural blend which I have put in for my second oil change (mostly because full is much more expensive - $12 compared to $5 per liter).

Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 PM

i use repsol 10w-40 natural in my bike. And as for the stabalizer, a few guys in here got the gpr and other brands and they all love them. Im getting one by next spring just on what they have said.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

I use Motul 300V full syn. It sticks to all those important metal parts and gives you more protection on starts. It cost me about 65 to do an oil change with filter. The stealership will get you for at least that much and use regular oil.

Almost forgot. Scotts steering damper A+. One the best safety mods you can do and they look cool as hell.

Old 08-16-2005, 03:32 PM

With the Scott DAmper what would be the best setting for daily driving?

Old 08-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

I have mine set 18 clicks out from all the way in and it's in the low speed setting.