New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Rookie in the the house

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

jrock has another evo freind...LOL where is that boy?

Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by hoedogg
jrock has another evo freind...LOL where is that boy?
Awesome we have evo heads here too, awesome

Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Bikes ARE dangerous; never forget that, or assume they become less-so with experience. Sounds like you're getting your basics down properly. Glad to have you aboard.
Gear up; stay safe!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:30 PM

I just picked up all my new gear yesterday. My girlfriends says when I wear the gear I look like I am about to go to the track and race but I can't even go over 50 lol but once this baby breaks in and I get some experience under my belt I will be good to go but since I started riding I noticed that a lot of car drivers don't even pay attention to riders which scares the shi* out of me. My SEE strategy is always in use

Old 01-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

whatch out for the blind cagers bro! what kinda gear ya get?

Old 01-31-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by hoedogg
whatch out for the blind cagers bro! what kinda gear ya get?
I got AlpineStars Jacket (Red/black/white), I-Shift pants (leather - black), Alpinestar boots (MX-2), Alpinestars gloves and Scorpion Helmet and I got 15% discount on all of them

Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the gear. Give a review on your experiences with that gear if you would once you have had some time to test them.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
Congrats on the gear. Give a review on your experiences with that gear if you would once you have had some time to test them.
Thats a roger ghost rider, I will give it about 2-3 months

Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Stick with the 5K rev limit for the first 100 miles, then add another thousand - twelve hundred rpm for each hundred miles. Don't run it at too low rpm in the higher gears - keep it over 4K in 5th and top. If you go a little over those rev limits, don't worry about it as long as you're not using too much throttle.

Vary the revs and use the gears a lot. Aim to have it doing very short bursts of full throttle peak revs by about 600 miles and spend another 400 miles gradually extending the lengths of those bursts.

The intention is to gradually increase the load on the engine so that all the bits that need to smooth off do so. There's a lot more involved than just the rings, so be very wary of any suggestions that concentrate on that. It's more important to really polish up the bottom end bearings if you wan to maximise engine life. You won't see the full power of the motor until it's done about 10,000 miles, but you won't really be aware of that in the real world.

Rob

Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by williamr
Stick with the 5K rev limit for the first 100 miles, then add another thousand - twelve hundred rpm for each hundred miles. Don't run it at too low rpm in the higher gears - keep it over 4K in 5th and top. If you go a little over those rev limits, don't worry about it as long as you're not using too much throttle.

Vary the revs and use the gears a lot. Aim to have it doing very short bursts of full throttle peak revs by about 600 miles and spend another 400 miles gradually extending the lengths of those bursts.

The intention is to gradually increase the load on the engine so that all the bits that need to smooth off do so. There's a lot more involved than just the rings, so be very wary of any suggestions that concentrate on that. It's more important to really polish up the bottom end bearings if you wan to maximise engine life. You won't see the full power of the motor until it's done about 10,000 miles, but you won't really be aware of that in the real world.

Rob
Wow awesome info. I just got a little over 200 miles now and now I am doing 5k rpm for each gear so by the time I have a thousand miles I should be hitting 13k+ every gear Thanks Rob.

I do have another question, is it ok If I install a after market exhaust before the break in period or is it bad for the bike and what are some good brands? Thank you for all your help.

Shan

Quick Reply: Rookie in the the house