New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Question about gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Default RE: Question about gear

I'm currently 6 foot, surpose to be hitting 6'3 by 17. I liked how the Suzuki 600 along with the R6. Haven't really rode a 10R but a friend of mine's brother has a '05 and it looks like it's a good riding bike, or atleast when he drives it lol

Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

something that looks nice and I kind of want to just drive around the state with fellow riders and if they say hit the gas I want to beable to keep up with them.
Not a good way to be thinking Jaidon. Peer pressure and lack of experience will cause bad experiences. Screw that sh*t. Be your own man and live up to it! They go fast, does not mean you have to best them or even land up in the hospital because you were not comfy with the ride. Ride responsible and within "YOUR" limits. Sorry if it sounds like I am harping on ya, as in marks previous post, we look out for each other and hate bad stories.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

something that looks nice and I kind of want to just drive around the state with fellow riders and if they say hit the gas I want to beable to keep up with them.
Not a good way to be thinking Jaidon. Peer pressure and lack of experience will cause bad experiences. Screw that sh*t. Be your own man and live up to it! They go fast, does not mean you have to best them or even land up in the hospital because you were not comfy with the ride. Ride responsible and within "YOUR" limits. Sorry if it sounds like I am harping on ya, as in marks previous post, we look out for each other and hate bad stories.
Not a problem Thanks for the advise.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

jaidon021 I think the proper steps here should be you take the MSF to get your license and definitely keep the 600cc or less bikes in mind. I know professionally motorcycle racers that do not like riding the 10r on the streets. And like Dragon suggests do not be swayed by peer pressure that is a good way to end up hurt or worse on motorcycle. A 600 cc bike is great because it is not crazy until you aquire the skills to make it crazy...speed is a great feeling but the 10r can be uncontrollable if you are not experienced. Think of it like this... a very skilled motorycle rider can usaully beat an unskilled rider on a bigger bike. Focus on becoming a good rider The last thing you and your family need is another tragedy which I am sorry to hear you have already expereienced.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: suprakawigrl

jaidon021 I think the proper steps here should be you take the MSF to get your license and definitely keep the 600cc or less bikes in mind. I know professionally motorcycle racers that do not like riding the 10r on the streets. And like Dragon suggests do not be swayed by peer pressure that is a good way to end up hurt or worse on motorcycle. A 600 cc bike is great because it is not crazy until you aquire the skills to make it crazy...speed is a great feeling but the 10r can be uncontrollable if you are not experienced. Think of it like this... a very skilled motorycle rider can usaully beat an unskilled rider on a bigger bike. Focus on becoming a good rider The last thing you and your family need is another tragedy which I am sorry to hear you have already expereienced.
Thank you, and I will deffiently keep that in mind. I will go " motorcycle shopping " Thursday and I'll let ya'll know what I find. If ya'll want a list of the bikes I'm gonna go attempt to see on Thursday I'll post it up so ya'll can tell me if it's even worth getting.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

A 600 cc bike is great because it is not crazy until you aquire the skills to make it crazy...speed is a great feeling but the 10r can be uncontrollable if you are not experienced.
rephrase SKG. My opinion is that any ride is only as crazy as the rider.

edit: I liked your post though, women word things better! Sheesh!

Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

true dat...but no point in starting a low flying jet

Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, where was I when this started? Sorry to hear about your loss jaiden. Well, here's my 2cents. Listen to the member with the most posts they know what there talking about and won't steer ya wrong. . I wanted a liter bike because my friend had an R-1 and once I got my 636 I realized it got plenty of power and more fun to ride. You can always upgrade down the road. Of couse like you, I wanted something flashy, lound and down right bad azz but I realized my first time on the bike I had a lot to learn. Just be smart and above all use common sense. Good luck!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF, sorry about your bro, and I have had a zzr for a few years now and it is a very solid bike because it is the same as the 99-01 zx6r. It would be a much better choice than the 10r IMO, and is much faster and responsive than the 650.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 AM

Thanks. I'm deffiently thinking about the ZZR-600. It's only $7,300 and ya'll say it's a nice bike. I'm gonna head up to the local Kawasaki shop to take a look at a couple and I'll probally end up with it or something similar.
I'll let ya'll know what I find.

Quick Reply: Question about gear