New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Question about gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 11:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Question about gear

Riding 100+ mph with only a helmet???[sm=sigh.gif]

I do fully understand your mindset. (We were all your age at one point.) But that's why I, and everybody else here thinks it's a bad idea to buy something like a 10R. It not only takes a good amount of experience to ride something so deadly powerful, but maturity is maybe even more important. Riders HATE to read about other riders getting killed because they were too inexperienced to handle their motorcycle responsibly.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 PM

Thanks. I'm acturally taking a look at the 650R and the only thing I don't like is front. But would it be a good bike to have? And for gear any brands that are good for racing?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry bout your bro

Old 08-12-2007, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: mikeyntnc

Sorry bout your bro
Thanks, it was acturally July 5th at around 1 am. Terrible thing is he was only about 5 mins away from our house.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:44 PM

Sorry for posting so much but is a ZZR 600 better then the 650R? I like the look of the 600 but not sure how good they are.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Lost a uncle via a bike wreck, he was 3 miles from home .......this happened about 4 years ago .He was coming back from the hospital , he had gone to visit his twin grandsons who were born two months premature ..................I can sort of understand how you must feel . He was more like a big brother to me . Gear will and can protect you but you also have to realize a lot of it depends on the rider as well .Don't expect the gear to make you invincible . Peace

Old 08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member

have you gone to the dealership and actually looked at em ? maybe that'll help you decide

Old 08-12-2007, 11:55 PM

Lost a uncle via a bike wreck, he was 3 miles from home .......this happened about 4 years ago .He was coming back from the hospital , he had gone to visit his twin grandsons who were born two months premature ..................I can sort of understand how you must feel . He was more like a big brother to me . Gear will and can protect you but you also have to realize a lot of it depends on the rider as well .Don't expect the gear to make you invincible . Peace
Sorry to hear for your lost. Gear I know will probally not save you from most wrecks with a car. And I'm not sure really what I want to do. I just kind of want something that looks nice and I kind of want to just drive around the state with fellow riders and if they say hit the gas I want to beable to keep up with them.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:57 PM

have you gone to the dealership and actually looked at em ? maybe that'll help you decide
Acturally I haven't yet [&o] Only seen the photos Kawasaki have posted along with some videos on google and youtube of them. I'm trying to go there but parents arn't really ready yet to go to a Kawasaki store.

I'd try to go up there Friday or something if you want me to tell ya what bike I found =)

Old 08-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

How tall are you and what rides that you have ridden are comfy to you?

Quick Reply: Question about gear