New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Rider... Howdy everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Talking New Rider... Howdy everybody!

What's good everybody, the names Handz Onn...

Just got a 2000 Kawi ZR-7 with only 3000 miles on it for free from my boss as a gift for getting projects done quickly and correctly. (I'm a graphic designer)

It was his toy and he barely rode it. Bought it basically to say he owned a motorcycle. So he didn't use it so gave it to me. It is in mint condition because he barely rode it. His loss is my gain!

Anyway, just wanted to say whats up and look forward to riding as much as I can!!!

Here's is my new baby!

Old 07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Are there any job openings where you work?????
Welcome, Handz. That's a pretty nice "first bike" you got there. Take your time; get to know your bike before you ask it to do things you don't know how to control....yet. As a new rider, your bike has more skills than you do right now. (No offense.) Also, word to the wise, with the high temps we've been having lately, be CAREFUL parking on asphalt. Your kickstand will disappear and your bike will do a 90 degree dump. Not good.
Glad to have you with us. Sign up for a MSF course and get some gear (a-HEM, with all the money you saved on your FREE bike!!) Be careful.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow that's awesome!!! Most bosses only give you deadlines to try and make. He sounds cool! Welcome to the forums. Nice bike! I would even ride a Harley if it was free!!! Hahahahaha

Old 07-12-2012, 04:12 PM

Oh yeah, I will for sure take my time. to say the least i'm pretty nervous on it, however I'm not letting it get my confidence down. If I think it's too much for me, it will be. So I'm staying strong and learning.

I should be in a MSF class very soon. Hopefully within the next month. For now I'm just riding around my neighborhood. It's got a lot of side roads and very low traffic.

Thanks for all the welcoming tips. I can already tell I'm gonna like it here!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Nice ride! congrats

Good to hear of your wisdom already for taking the msf class and of your appreciation in your and of your rides' well being.

+1 on the high temps being a large issue with bikes on their side stands. If you do not carry a puck with you, at least place the side stand on a painted line on the asphalt. (The paint reflects and does not absorb the heat as bad)

Welcome to KF