New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

new girl on block

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 04:21 AM
Default new girl on block

Hi all,

New to the forum and am looking for some suggestions for my bike. It is my first and it is an 04 636. I bought it with only 250 miles on it and I after riding it for a month or so, I don't think it is fast enough. Is this normal? People tell me that because I am little that I should not buy a bike bigger than this one. Is this true? I am 5'6" and 125lbs. I think i am going to keep this bike for another year and then buy something different but in the mean time I would like to add some more power. I have not done my research yet and am open for any suggestions.

Peace Out!

Old 01-07-2006, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new girl on block

Most people would be taken by surprise with the power of a 636 but if your not try the easiest mod to get more power.

Sprocket change front -1 rear +2, you will not be disappointed in the quick ness of the bike after this. You will lose some top end speed but who rides around at 165 all the time any way. Wheelies will be a lot more easier as well so be careful.

Cost of this is about 300.00 with a new chain and the 2 sprockets. By far the best bang for your buck.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy lots of cool people here and quite a few other girl riders too.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:02 PM

welcome to the forum. Notstock is right about the gear combo.

I have to ask what you mean by its not fast enough? Top speed, acceleration? Unless your fibbing about your weight (idont think u r) that bike should really rip with u on it.
Are u riding out the rpms or do you shift way to early?

I have the 05 with just about all the powermods you can do and it hauls. very quick top speed is 144 that i had it up to. I go (at the time) 225lbs and it halls my *** around damn good.

Well i was just curious not starting any trouble. u must be one hell of an adrenilin junky. lol

Old 01-07-2006, 04:04 PM

go to www.hardracing.com They have a nice list of parts. also www.58cycle.com they both list parts by yr which makes it easy. Good luck

Old 01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, wow i don't know how long you've really been riding.... but for you to say the 636 doesn't go fast enough? thats saying alot.... my 636 is bone stock and it hauls ***.... i've been riding for about 17 yrs..... i like a girl who's not afraid to take things to the limit.... but just be really careful while doing it.... when you have a chance you sure post some pics.... enjoy you stay here, we all do.... and congrats on the new bike, it looks great.... gear up and ride safe....

Old 01-08-2006, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Not fast enough? Those are quick bikes.

I personally don't think you have hit the powerband yet. I'm not real familiar with the 636, but I believe, and you guys and girls who have this bike correct me if I'm wrong, you don't get real power until about 9 or 10 grand.

Like everyone has said, changing your gearing will get you into the powerband quicker. 1 tooth down or 2 teeth up in the rear, or both will accomplish this. Then be careful, it will be a real wheelie machine.

Kevin

Old 01-08-2006, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. My 636 has all the power i need and I'm 190lbs and when I shift into 2nd gear with the shift light on the bike comes off the ground. if yours doesn't suit you I would say go with the -1 and +2 sprockets..........Good luck.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:59 AM

Hey i got an idea, lets get a pic of this girl before we tell her how to get more power. I dont want to kill a hot chic lol

Old 01-08-2006, 05:02 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hookedon636

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. My 636 has all the power i need and I'm 190lbs and when I shift into 2nd gear with the shift light on the bike comes off the ground. if yours doesn't suit you I would say go with the -1 and +2 sprockets..........Good luck.
I agree with all of the posts here. If that baby does not meet your expectations, there is of course the sprocket changes, or that you have a sick ride that needs some paying attention to (fine tuning), or that you are so used to big bikes ( you mentioned that you are a new rider so that rules that one out.) That 636 should rock your world and then some.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:43 AM

I don't think the bike is sick. It may be me! lol I may be shifting to ealry because I can not get it off the ground yet. When I talk about speed, I mean acceleration. That's why I am here to learn more and get some good tips on how to improve performance. Oh yeah what is the powerband?

Quick Reply: new girl on block