New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Long time Lurker...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Default RE: Long time Lurker...

the title of this thread cracks me up. lurrrkin. sounds like a stalker. "i was lurkin outside your window till a light shined on me and i darted off into the night like a crack head" lol congrats on the bike teckno

Old 09-30-2005, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Thx.

I've been riding the new bike to work for two weeks now and I think it is great. It is interesting how something like changing your mode of transportation will change your perspective. For instance, up until I purchased the ninja I drove a 1996 Ford ranger truck everywhere and I was a classical example of your seething driver with a proclivity for roadrage. I would take the same Route to and from work, up and down the 78 ad nauseum. Then I purchased my bike. Started taking the slower backroads into work. I get to cruise along roads that wind and twist, go up and down, have a few stop signs...kinda like constant skill practice, starting,stopping, turns etc... It used to be I would loath the 30minute drive to work. Now it takes me 45minutes and I look forward to it. Other cars used to drive me nuts, now I'm just happy that they see me and don't pull out in front of me. Suddenly 65mph feels like warp 5 (lol). My whole attitude towards my daily routine has changed for the better. Money may not bring you happiness, but sometimes it buys toys that do...

Old 09-30-2005, 04:51 AM

Great to read a success story right out of the box. You picked a great bike to start on, took the MSF course, and are actually having fun on the bike you chose! Wish we could convince more people (especially squids) to start where you did. Great job and welcome to the forum. Are you still considering installing ZX-6 mirrors? I may have a set you'd be interested in. Let me know.
banzaibb@charter.net

Old 09-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

That is awesome techno! You just put into words how so many people feel. [sm=smiley32.gif]

Glad to hear that you are enjoying biking as much as I am!!!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 06:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Thx for the offer Banzai, I've actually put the mods on hold for a bit. This bike thing isn't so popular with the wife, she knows my history with bicycles and is convinced I will do myself great bodily harm and considering the outlay of monies for gear, a tank bag, etc... I've decided I will wait a couple of months before I start tearing a perfectly good bike apart. Compromise makes for a happy marriage.

Phrase of the day: Motorcycles are fun

Old 09-30-2005, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Banzai

Great to read a success story right out of the box. You picked a great bike to start on, took the MSF course, and are actually having fun on the bike you chose! Wish we could convince more people (especially squids) to start where you did. Great job and welcome to the forum. Are you still considering installing ZX-6 mirrors? I may have a set you'd be interested in. Let me know.
banzaibb@charter.net
Ain't that the truth!! A good well-thought-out decision that will bring you a lot of happiness, and a good head on your shoulders that indicates you'll be a good safe rider for a long time to come!! Welcome, and enjoy!! The wife may or may not come around, I'm lucky that my wife accepts it totally, and rides with me occasionally, even though if I didn't ride she'd be happy with that too - they worry 'cause they love us and don't understand the appeal. Mars/Venus thing. We're here to help if we can..........

Old 09-30-2005, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: technophile
Money may not bring you happiness, but sometimes it buys toys that do...
And that's the truth!

Old 09-30-2005, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I chose the bike because 500cc is easier and more affordable to insure, the seat height was comfortable for me without having to lower the suspension or shave the seat, it is light and nimble, and it has just enough power to be fun while forgiving mistakes. This is especially important since I'm still trying to get my shifts butter smooth and now and again I grab a little more throttle than the situation calls for.

BTW bluebird here is a site to get an ex500 windscreen in a rainbow of colors...

Twisted Throttle MRA Windscreen

Old 09-30-2005, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: technophile

I chose the bike because 500cc is easier and more affordable to insure, the seat height was comfortable for me without having to lower the suspension or shave the seat, it is light and nimble, and it has just enough power to be fun while forgiving mistakes. This is especially important since I'm still trying to get my shifts butter smooth and now and again I grab a little more throttle than the situation calls for.

BTW bluebird here is a site to get an ex500 windscreen in a rainbow of colors...

Twisted Throttle MRA Windscreen
See, that's my point, good logical valid reasons, not an emotional "I can handle anything, bring me the biggest baddest machine you got" attitude that is so pervasive.

Old 09-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet! Thanks for that link techno! I wish I could find one in the violet color to see if it would look good on my bike - but I also like the black one!!!! The clear one just doesn't look right on the bike (well it looks okay but a darker one or one that matches the color of the bike would like wicked!)

Quick Reply: Long time Lurker...